Honda Owners Are Most At Risk From Car Theft
The adoption of new security technologies like engine immobilizers and computer chip coded keys have put a significant dent in car theft. New vehicles are far less likely to be targeted because hot-wiring has become extremely difficult and thieves have focused their attention on top-selling older models.
Various models of the Honda Accord have the undesirable reputation as America's most stolen car for 2013. Across the country, nearly 54,000 of them were stolen throughout the year. Another Honda model, the Civic, comes second with 45,000 thefts. The Chevrolet Silverado came third with 27,800 thefts in 2013. As depressing as these figures may seem, it isn't all doom and gloom for American car owners, especially American Honda owners. According to the FBI, car theft is firmly on the downward spiral. In fact, this year may represent a 50 percent fall in car theft from its peak in 1991.
- Car sales - Honda's worldwide automobile sales 2002-2016Car sales - Honda's worldwide automobile sales 2002-2016
- Car manufacturer theft rate in Great Britain (UK) 2011-2012Car manufacturer theft rate in Great Britain (UK) 2011-2012
- Car model theft rate in Great Britain (UK) 2011-2012Car model theft rate in Great Britain (UK) 2011-2012
- Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies August 15 to 22, 2016Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies August 15 to 22, 2016
- Most valuable automotive brands worldwide by brand value 2016Most valuable automotive brands worldwide by brand value 2016
- Ranking of top car manufacturers worldwide - global sales 2014/15Ranking of top car manufacturers worldwide - global sales 2014/15
- Companies with the most patents granted in 2015Companies with the most patents granted in 2015
- Compact car sales in the United States by model 2015Compact car sales in the United States by model 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens