Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Cumulative total of Tumblr posts between May 2011 and July 2014 (in billions)
|Number of Tumblr posts (in billions)|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the cumulative total of Tumblr posts from May 2011 to July 2014. In July 2013, the social network surpassed 55 billion posts and grew to 64 billion user-generated posts in October 2013.
Tumblr and user-generated content Tumblr is a blog-based microblogging site and social networking platform based on user-generated content which is uploaded to individual users’ blogs. As of fall 2013, the social network had surpassed 141 million user blogs. Tumblr users commonly post multimedia such as pictures, animated gifs or digital videos as well as short-form written content. The website is mainly accessed through a dashboard interface and users are able to customize their personal blogs.
In North America, approximately five percent of internet users access Tumblr on a regular basis. In 2012, Tumblr audiences in the United States were predominantly under 35 years old with the majority of users aged between 18 and 24 years. Tumblr is also available as a mobile version via smartphone and tablet apps.
While not as common as Twitter, Tumblr is also used by many celebrities. The social network allows fans a wider scope of interaction with celebrity content than Twitter. Tumblr enables fans who follow a celebrity Tumblr blog to comment upon, repost and remix the content whereas Twitter only permits a conversational exchange. Popular celebrities with Tumblr blogs are singers Beyoncé, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry as well as models such as Coco Rocha and performers like Zooey Deschanel. In October 2011, Tumblr also became the first blogging platform to host US President Obama’s blog, which was heavily utilized for his presidential campaign in 2012.
- New content generated by users per minute in 2012, by platformNew content generated by users per minute in 2012, by platform
- Cumulative total of Tumblr blogs 2011-2014Cumulative total of Tumblr blogs 2011-2014
- Number of monthly posts published by WordPress users as of August 2014Number of monthly posts published by WordPress users as of August 2014
- Number of monthly comments posted by WordPress users as of August 2014Number of monthly comments posted by WordPress users as of August 2014
- Digital content access of internet users as of November 2013, by deviceDigital content access of internet users as of November 2013, by device
- Leading U.S. social media websites in September 2014Leading U.S. social media websites in September 2014
- LINE app: number of registered users as of September 2014LINE app: number of registered users as of September 2014
- Number of registered LINE app users in selected countries as of September 2014Number of registered LINE app users in selected countries as of September 2014
- Percentage of adults who used computers in the U.S.Percentage of adults who used computers in the U.S.
- Percentage of adults who used the internet in the U.S. from 2000 to 2010Percentage of adults who used the internet in the U.S. from 2000 to 2010
- Digital advertising spending in the U.S. in 2012, by categoryDigital advertising spending in the U.S. in 2012, by category