Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
United Kingdom: Total population from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
|Inhabitants in millions|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the total population in the United Kingdom from 2004 to 2014. In 2012, the United Kingdom had an estimated population of 63.7 million people.
Population of the United Kingdom
Despite a fertility rate just below the replacement rate, the United Kingdom’s population has been slowly but steadily growing, increasing by an average of 0.6 percent every year since 2002. The age distribution has remained roughly the same for the past ten years or so, with the share of the population over 65 years old seeing a slight increase as the baby boomer generation enters into that age bracket. That share is likely to continue growing slightly, as the United Kingdom has one of the highest life expectancies in the world.
The population of the island nation is predominantly whiteChristians, but a steady net influx of immigrants, part of a legacy of the wide-reaching former British Empire, has helped diversify the population. One of the largest ethnic minorities in the United Kingdom is that of residents of an Indian background, born either in the UK, India, or in other parts of the world. India itself is experiencing problems with rapid population growth, causing some of its population to leave the country in order to find employment. The United Kingdom’s relatively lower levels of unemployment and the historical connection between the two countries (which has also resulted in family connections between individuals) are likely reasons that make it a popular destination for Indian emigrants.
- Gross domestic product (GDP) of the United Kingdom 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) of the United Kingdom 2014
- Total population of the EU member states in 2013 and 2050Total population of the EU member states in 2013 and 2050
- Total population of Brazil 2014Total population of Brazil 2014
- Total population of the European Union (EU) 2013Total population of the European Union (EU) 2013
- Total population of China 2009-2019Total population of China 2009-2019
- Countries with the largest gross domestic product at purchasing power parity 2014Countries with the largest gross domestic product at purchasing power parity 2014
- National debt of selected countries in relation to gross domestic product (GDP) 2014National debt of selected countries in relation to gross domestic product (GDP) 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth forecast in selected countries until 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) growth forecast in selected countries until 2014
- Inflation rate in Syria 2010Inflation rate in Syria 2010
- Selected companies recently acquired by Alibaba Group China 2014, by value of stakeSelected companies recently acquired by Alibaba Group China 2014, by value of stake
- European Union (EU): Member States' share of budget contributions 2013European Union (EU): Member States' share of budget contributions 2013