Pinterest - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about Pinterest
According to comScore, social networking site Pinterest was the fastest site in history to reach 10 million unique monthly visitors and high user engagement metrics; a significant feat especially when considering that during much its initial launch and growth, the site was invitation-only. Today, Pinterest is one of the top referral traffic generating websites online. Pinterest’s U.S. audience is a strong example for women’s growing presence in not only social media but also e-commerce, most importantly mobile and social commerce. The social site’s strong user engagement with popular topics and themes such as fashion, home, garden and DIY and subsequently, relevant brands, forms the basis for its leading position in the area of social commerce.
During the first quarter of 2014, North America had the highest usage penetration with 33 percent of the internet users having an account. Overall, 56 percent of the global users were female.
According to recent statistics, 41.46 million U.S. visitors accessed the site in July 2014. The social network’s audience in the country is predominantly female and increasingly mobile. During a May 2014 survey it was found that 22.5 percent among the U.S. users visited the social network a few times per week whereas the share of users accessing weekly keyword search was 15.2 percent.
Recent survey of U.S. high school graduates found that Pinterest had a daily usage rate of 16 percent within the age group. However, when compared among the users of various education levels, the site was found mostly by users with an education level higher than the college. The age group of 18 to 34 observed the highest share of the Pinterest users (305245).
In January 2014, it was found that 24 percent of the U.S. Android users who had installed Pinterest were also daily active users. Moreover, 93 percent of the online Pinterest minutes were spent on a mobile device.
According to a survey in the first quarter of 2014, it was found that 81 percent of the U.S. omni-channel retailers used Pinterest for company marketing purposes and 21 percent of the U.S. digital buyers used Pinterest to promote brands or products they were satisfied with. As of August 2013, the most popular retailer ranked by Pinterest upstream traffic was Fab.com with 3.57 percent share. Many retailers and online shops have already started to maintain their own Pinterest account, creating an active and accessible brand presence via custom pinboards and customer interaction. As of March 2014, the site was also one of the leading social referrers as of March 2014 based on average referral order value. Furthermore, the “Pin it” button was one of the most popular social commerce features according to 82 percent of the leading online retailers.
|Site category with the highest concentration of Pinterest visitors||Retail - Jewelry/Luxury Goods/Accessories||Details →|
|Most popular retailer on Pinterest, based on number of followers||L.L. Bean||Details →|
|Most popular retailer ranked by Pinterest upstream traffic||Fab.com||Details →|
|Most active retailer on Pinterest||Wayfair||Details →|
- Social commerce: conversion rate by referrer 2014Social commerce: conversion rate by referrer 2014
E-commerce conversion rate of selected social referrers as of March 2014 (in U.S. dollars)
- Pinterest: usage penetration in global regions 2014Pinterest: usage penetration in global regions 2014
Usage penetration of Pinterest in selected global regions as of 1st quarter 2014
- Social commerce: average order value by referrer 2014Social commerce: average order value by referrer 2014
Average online order value through selected social referrers as of March 2014 (in U.S. dollars)
- Pinterest: usage penetration in global markets 2014Pinterest: usage penetration in global markets 2014
Usage penetration of Pinterest in selected countries as of 1st quarter 2014
- Frequency of vising Pinterest in the U.S. 2014Frequency of vising Pinterest in the U.S. 2014
How often do you visit Pinterest?
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2014Global social networks ranked by number of users 2014
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2013Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2013
- Social networks: multi-platform visitors in the United States 2014Social networks: multi-platform visitors in the United States 2014