Pinterest - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about Pinterest
According to comScore, social networking site Pinterest was the fastest site in history to reach 10 million unique monthly visitors and high user engagement metrics; a significant feat especially when considering that during much its initial launch and growth, the site was invitation-only. Today, Pinterest is one of the top referral traffic generating websites online.
• Number of unique U.S. visitors to Pinterest
• Pinterest as one of the leading sources of worldwide internet referral traffic
• Distribution of social networking referral visits to retail apparel websites
The social network’s audience in the United States is predominantly female and increasingly mobile.
• Percentage of U.S. internet users who use Pinterest, by gender
• Percentage of U.S. internet users who use Pinterest, by age group
• Percentage of U.S. internet users who use Pinterest, by annual household income
Pinterest’s U.S. audience is a strong example for women’s growing presence in not only social media but also e-commerce, most importantly mobile and social commerce. The social site’s strong user engagement with popular topics and themes such as fashion, home, garden and DIY and subsequently, relevant brands, forms the basis for its leading position in the area of social commerce.
• Site categories with the highest concentration of Pinterest visitors
• Most popular retailers ranked by Pinterest upstream traffic
• How have you engaged with brands, retailers and the items they sell on Pinterest and Facebook?
Pinterest also attracts online buyers without an account on the social networking site, prompting more and more retailers to recognize the importance of social sharing and visual blogging as a marketing tactic. Many retailers and online shops have already started to maintain their own Pinterest account, creating an active and accessible brand presence via custom pinboards and customer interaction.
|Site category with the highest concentration of Pinterest visitors||Retail - Jewelry/Luxury Goods/Accessories||Details →|
|Most popular retailer on Pinterest, based on number of followers||L.L. Bean||Details →|
|Most popular retailer ranked by Pinterest upstream traffic||Fab.com||Details →|
|Most active retailer on Pinterest||Wayfair||Details →|
- Unique U.S. visitors to Pinterest.com as of July 2014Unique U.S. visitors to Pinterest.com as of July 2014
Number of unique U.S. visitors to Pinterest.com from January 2011 to July 2014 (in millions)
- Most popular Pinterest content categories in 2012, by user reachMost popular Pinterest content categories in 2012, by user reach
Which of the following types of items do you interact with on Pinterest?
- Brand engagement of U.S. online shoppers on Pinterest and Facebook 2012Brand engagement of U.S. online shoppers on Pinterest and Facebook 2012
How have you engaged with brands, retailers and the items they sell on Pinterest and Facebook?
- Pinterest: upstream traffic of most popular retailers 2013Pinterest: upstream traffic of most popular retailers 2013
Most popular retailers ranked by Pinterest upstream traffic as of August 2013
- Age distribution of U.S. Pinterest users in 2012, by access typeAge distribution of U.S. Pinterest users in 2012, by access type
Age distribution of Pinterest users in the United States as of July 2012, by access type
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2014Global social networks ranked by number of users 2014
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2013Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2013
- Social networks: multi-platform visitors in the United States 2014Social networks: multi-platform visitors in the United States 2014