Pinterest - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about Pinterest
According to comScore, social networking site Pinterest was the fastest site in history to reach 10 million unique monthly visitors and high user engagement metrics; a significant feat especially when considering that during much its initial launch and growth, the site was invitation-only. Pinterest’s U.S. audience is a strong example for women’s growing presence in not only social media but also e-commerce, most importantly mobile and social commerce. The social site’s strong user engagement with popular topics and themes such as fashion, home, garden and DIY and subsequently, relevant brands, forms the basis for its leading position in the area of social commerce.
During the first quarter of 2014, North America had the highest usage penetration with 33 percent of the internet users having an account. Overall, 56 percent of the global users were female.
According to recent statistics, 47.66 million U.S. visitors accessed the site in July 2015. The social network’s audience in the country is predominantly female and increasingly mobile. During a May 2014 survey it was found that 22.5 percent among the U.S. users visited the social network a few times per week.
Recent survey of U.S. high school graduates found that Pinterest had a daily usage rate of 19 percent within the age group. However, when compared among the users of various education levels, the site was found mostly by users with an education level higher than the college. The age group of 18 to 34 observed the highest share of the Pinterest users.
Data published in May 2015 reveals that 45 percent of global marketers used Pinterest for company marketing purposes and 18 percent of the U.S. digital buyers used Pinterest to promote brands or products they were satisfied with. Many retailers and online shops have already started to maintain their own Pinterest account, creating an active and accessible brand presence via custom pinboards and customer interaction. A survey of U.S. Pinterest users found that an increasing amount of pinners looked up pinned items in-store, the most popular reason was to look up ingredients for a recipe and supplies needed for a project.
|Site category with the highest concentration of Pinterest visitors||Retail - Jewelry/Luxury Goods/Accessories||Details →|
|Most popular retailer ranked by Pinterest upstream traffic||Fab.com||Details →|
|Most active retailer on Pinterest||Wayfair||Details →|
- Social commerce: average order value by referrer 2015+Social commerce: average order value by referrer 2015
Average online order value influenced by selected social referrers in 2015 (in U.S. dollars)
- Pinterest usage frequency in the United States 2015Pinterest usage frequency in the United States 2015
Frequency of Pinterest use in the United States as of April 2015
- Pinterest: usage penetration in global regions 2014Pinterest: usage penetration in global regions 2014
Usage penetration of Pinterest in selected global regions as of 1st quarter 2014
- U.S. active Pinterest user with children 2015U.S. active Pinterest user with children 2015
Distribution of active Pinterest users who have children in the United States as of April 2015, by age
- U.S. promoted Pinterest purchases of Hispanics 2015, by categoryU.S. promoted Pinterest purchases of Hispanics 2015, by category
Pinterest categories from which Hispanic pinners make promoted pin purchases in the United States as of April 2015
- U.S. preferred devices to access Pinterest among active users 2015U.S. preferred devices to access Pinterest among active users 2015
Preferred devices to access Pinterest among active pinners in the United States as of April 2015
- The complete topic in one convenient package
- Instant access and download
- Great time-saver
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016
- Global social network penetration 2014-2019Global social network penetration 2014-2019