The Countries Where Human Progress Is Slowest and Fastest
Every year, the United Nations Development Programme publishes its Human Development Report, which ranks countries according to an index based on human development indicators such as longevity, education and standard of living.
According to the report, Norway is the most progressive country in terms of human development, edging out Australia, Switzerland, the Netherlands and the United States. Sadly, the five countries at the bottom of the list are all located in Sub-Saharan Africa, where many issues remain unsolved and the standard of living remains far below the global average.
- Countries with the highest Human Development Index value 2014Countries with the highest Human Development Index value 2014
- Human development index rating in Africa from 1980-2011Human development index rating in Africa from 1980-2011
- Share of people employed in the public sector in MENA by country 2000-2010Share of people employed in the public sector in MENA by country 2000-2010
- Total population of France 2020Total population of France 2020
- Countries with the highest avg. wealth per adult 2016Countries with the highest avg. wealth per adult 2016
- Gross domestic product (GDP) in Canada 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) in Canada 2020
- Total population in Canada 2020Total population in Canada 2020
- Gini Index - countries with the biggest inequality in income distribution 2013Gini Index - countries with the biggest inequality in income distribution 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl