- Toys, babyware (including baby food and clothing)
- Sport and outdoor products (e.g. sports equipment, outdoor equipment)
- Garden products (e.g. flowers and plants) tools, DIY products
- Hobby and stationary (e.g. musical instruments and office supplies)
- Other items (e.g. car parts and adult entertainment products)
- B2B markets (e.g. Alibaba)
- Resale of used goods (reCommerce)
- Sales between private persons (e.g. Craigslist)
Toys, Hobby & DIY eCommerce report 2019
Statista Digital Market OutlookDownload
Revenue Revenue Growth
in the Toys, Hobby & DIY market in million US$ in percent
- Revenue Growth
Users Penetration Rate
in the Toys, Hobby & DIY market in millions in percent
- Penetration Rate
A large share of sales in the Toys, Hobby & DIY market is made on marketplaces, but marketplace listings help individual retailers to find customers, and in the end, smaller traders of niche products are also generating their share of growth. There are plenty of specific niches within the DIY market, and building trust and loyalty through customer service is extremely important in this segment. In the Sports and Toys categories, customers often shop out of necessity rather than out of the desire to find out what’s new. They also rely on the good manufacturers’ image, and the only things expected from the store itself are quick delivery, competitive prices, and a reliable customer service.
in the Toys, Hobby & DIY market in US$
Global Comparison - Revenue
in the Toys, Hobby & DIY market in million US$
The eCommerce data is based on Statista’s primary research (the Statista Global Consumer Survey), bottom-up modeling, market data from independent databases and third-party sources, the analysis of various key market and macroeconomic indicators, historical developments, current trends, the reported performance indicators of the key market players, and Statista interviews with market experts.
Here you can find more studies and statistics about "Toys, Hobby & DIY".