- Home ›
Manufacturing: Automotive Industry – global 2018
- Industry definition
- Management summary
- Key figures at a glance
- Total turnover in OECD countries
- Turnover by country
- Countries ranked by total turnover
- Consumer Market Outlook – Revenue and growth
- Digital Market Outlook – Management summary
- Digital Market Outlook – Revenue and growth
- Average gross operating surplus in OECD countries
- Production in OECD countries
- Average return on capital for OECD countries
- Multi-factor productivity growth rates
Trade and investment
- Import and export trade flow
- Share of top 5 import countries
- Value of top 5 import countries and growth
- Share of top 5 export countries
- Value of top 5 export countries and growth
- Average applied most-favored nation tariffs
- Countries ranked by average applied most-favored nation tariffs
- Number of deals
- Deal values
- Average deal size
- M&A purchases
- Greenfield FDI projects
- Countries with highest outward FDI
- Countries with highest inward FDI
- Top companies
- Number of enterprises for OECD countries
- Average birth and death rates of enterprises for OECD countries
Employees and salaries
- Share of employment by industry section
- Total number of employees
- Total number of employees by region
- Average weekly hours worked per employee
- Average nominal monthly earnings
- Average nominal hourly labor cost per employee
Research and innovation
- Total R&D spending in OECD countries
- Average R&D intensity in OECD countries
- Number of R&D personnel
More than 7,500
- ZF FriedrichshafenZF Friedrichshafen
- Ford in the United KingdomFord in the United Kingdom
- Monthly passenger car sales in China September 2018, by country of originMonthly passenger car sales in China September 2018, by country of origin
- Car sales by brand in Canada - October 2017/18Car sales by brand in Canada - October 2017/18
- Passenger car sales in Japan 2008-2017Passenger car sales in Japan 2008-2017
- International car sales by region - forecast 2018International car sales by region - forecast 2018
- Middle Eastern countries - passenger car sales 2017Middle Eastern countries - passenger car sales 2017
Statista is a great source of knowledge, and pretty helpful to manage the daily work.
Christof Baron about Statista CEO, MindShare Germany
Any more questions?
Get in touch with us quickly and easily. We are happy to help!
Download your Report
New Dossier: Fintech in Italy
The Fintech sector in Italy is developing steadily. Thanks to young entrepreneurs and new platforms, Fintech is gaining recognition as an alternative and as a complement to the traditional financial system. This dossier presents an overview about the scale and ambitions of this innovative sector.
Statista survey on the U.S. motorcycle market
With a market share of 31% Harley-Davidson is the top-dog on the U.S motorcycle market. On top of that the U.S. manufacturer can prevail against the competition in terms of customer loyalty and brand image. Find out which brands come close to the market leader in the Statista motorcycle Report.
Updated Industry Reports France available now!
Statista has updated its 41 Industry Reports for France with the most recent data. They feature statistics, forecasts, survey results, and analyses in a form that is easy to read and adopt. Understand and assess industries with a report that includes the most important key figures!
New Study: The Brexit Factbook
With the UK set to leave the EU in March next year and negotiations stalling, the chance of a no-deal Brexit is increasing. The Brexit Factbook combines the most important statistics about the UK exiting the EU from the lead-up to the referendum to the economic, financial and political consequences.
New Dossier: Avocado market in Latin America
Latin America is one of the main regions producing avocados, a large share of which are exported to the U.S. and Europe. This dossier provides key information about the avocado’s agricultural production, cultivation area, imports and exports in countries such as Brazil, Mexico, Chile, and Colombia.
New Dossier: Gig economy in the U.S.
The gig economy is a section of the economy which consists of independent contractors and freelancers who perform temporary, flexible jobs. This dossier provides key data on the gig economy in the United States, including information on income and earnings, and access to benefits.
New Dossier: Food trends in the Netherlands
From organic and sustainable food to ‘free from’ products and alternative diets: this new Statista dossier about food trends in the Netherlands covers all you might want to know about what is hot and happening in the Dutch food market.
New Dossier: Direct selling market worldwide
The direct selling market refers to a business model in which products are sold without a 'Brick and Mortar' retail establishment, such as online or person-to-person. This dossier provides key data about this market, with a focus on the United States and the leading companies, such as Amway.
New Dossier: E-commerce in Argentina
Argentina is the second largest e-commerce market in Latin America as of 2017. This dossier provides key information about the different aspects of the e-commerce market in Argentina, including the main retailers, customers, mobile commerce, and more.
New Dossier: Mobile device usage in Belgium
Recent studies showed that Belgium has the highest prices when it comes to mobile data in Europe, with Proximus, Orange and Telenet as the main actors in this market. This dossier provides information on two of these main players and also features data on mobile commerce, video and apps.
New Topic page: Chinese tourism in Europe
China’s travel boom has had a notable impact across the global tourism industry, not least in Europe where China is recognized as a key visitor market. This topic page and accompanying dossier highlights the rising number of Chinese tourists in Europe and the main destinations they are heading to.
New Topic Page: Trade across the Irish border
With the UK making plans to leave the EU, it is still uncertain about how this will affect trade across the UK's only land border, the Irish border. This topic highlights the importance of cross border trade and discusses how firms across Ireland are anticipating Brexit to impact their businesses.
Global Industry Reports available now!
Statista now offers industry insights from a global perspective for 34 industries. The reports provide crucial information on the trends moving all major industries. Get a bird’s-eye view on your industry, complete with all essential data, KPIs, and exclusive Statista data.
New Smart TV Industry Whitepaper
Statista Research and Analysis, in cooperation with Chinese smart TV manufacturer TCL Multimedia and its subsidiary FFalcon Technology, is going to present a new white paper on the global Smart TV industry on September 15th, 2018 during the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam.
New Dossier: Electric vehicles in Italy
Is Italy speeding up on electric mobility or is the next charging point still too far away? Have a deeper look into the topic with this new dossier. Statista provides an overview on the market situation and customer attitudes around e-mobility in this country so passionate about cars.
New Topic Page: Brexit negotiations
With an October deadline looming and an unpopular proposal in hand, time is running out for Theresa May to secure a deal with the European Union. This topic highlights some the main issues standing in the way of a deal and explores how the British public have reacted to the ongoing political drama.
New Dossier: eSports in the Benelux region
Revenue might still pale in comparison to other sports, but the recent growth of electronic sports, or eSports, has been immense. This dossier analyzes the popularity of video games and digital games in the Netherlands and the attitude shown towards the trend of online gaming.
New topic page: Organic cosmetics in the UK
As consumers become aware of the potentially harmful ingredients used in conventional beauty products, many are seeking green alternatives which pose a lesser risk to the skin and the environment. This topic page provides an overview of natural and organic cosmetic sales and UK consumer attitudes.