Paid Apps Don't Stand a Chance on Google Play
This chart illustrates the differences between Apple's App Store and Google Play in terms of app monetization. It appears as if paid apps are much less likely to be successful on Google Play than in the iOS App Store.
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2015Most popular Apple App Store categories 2015
- Number of available apps in the Apple App Store 2008-2015Number of available apps in the Apple App Store 2008-2015
- Google Play: number of available apps 2009-2015Google Play: number of available apps 2009-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens