Paid Apps Don't Stand a Chance on Google Play
This chart illustrates the differences between Apple's App Store and Google Play in terms of app monetization. It appears as if paid apps are much less likely to be successful on Google Play than in the iOS App Store.
- Distribution of free and paid Android apps in the Google Play Store from 2009 to 2015
Distribution of free and paid Android apps 2009-2015
- Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
- Percentage of paid app revenues worldwide from 2011 to 2017
Share of paid-for app revenues worldwide 2011-2017
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2015Most popular Apple App Store categories 2015
- Revenue distribution between the Apple App Store and Google Play as of November 2013Revenue distribution between the Apple App Store and Google Play as of November 2013
- WhatsApp Messenger revenue in the Apple App Store and Google Play in April 2013WhatsApp Messenger revenue in the Apple App Store and Google Play in April 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens