Paid Apps Don't Stand a Chance on Google Play
This chart illustrates the differences between Apple's App Store and Google Play in terms of app monetization. It appears as if paid apps are much less likely to be successful on Google Play than in the iOS App Store.
- Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
- Distribution of free and paid Android apps in the Google Play Store from 2009 to 2014
Distribution of free and paid Android apps 2009-2014
- Percentage of paid app revenues worldwide from 2011 to 2017
Share of paid-for app revenues worldwide 2011-2017
- Number of available apps in the Apple App Store as of October 2013Number of available apps in the Apple App Store as of October 2013
- Most popular Apple App Store categories in June 2014Most popular Apple App Store categories in June 2014
- Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2014Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter