Paid Apps Don't Stand a Chance on Google Play
This chart illustrates the differences between Apple's App Store and Google Play in terms of app monetization. It appears as if paid apps are much less likely to be successful on Google Play than in the iOS App Store.
- App StoresGaming Rules the App Stores
This chart shows the top categories in mobile app stores.
- Mobile App MonetizationFreemium is the No.1 Pricing Strategy in Most App Categories
This chart breaks down the revenue of each of the App Store's 10 primary categories, between freemium apps with in-app purchases, paid apps and paid apps with in-app purchases.
- App StoresApple's App Store: A Success That Almost Wasn't
This chart illustrates the success of Apple's App Store. In June 2012, Apple announced that 30 billion apps had been downloaded from its popular App Store.
- AndroidFree Apps are More Likely to Invade User Privacy
This chart shows the percentage of apps in the Google Play Store that have access to selectetd functions.
- Mobile App UsagePublishers Diversify Their Mobile Efforts
This chart shows the percentage of North American publishers that develop apps for selected mobile platforms. Apple's iOS is the most popular platform among publishers, but other platforms such as Amazon's Kindle are catching up.
- Distribution of free and paid Android apps in the Google Play Store from 2009 to 2014
Distribution of free and paid Android apps 2009-2014
- Percentage of paid app revenues worldwide from 2011 to 2017
Share of paid-for app revenues worldwide 2011-2017
- Number of mobile app downloads worldwide from 2009 to 2017 (in millions)
Forecast: number of mobile app downloads 2009-2017
- Number of available apps in the Apple App Store as of October 2013Number of available apps in the Apple App Store as of October 2013
- Most popular Apple App Store categories in June 2014Most popular Apple App Store categories in June 2014
- Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2014Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter