U.S. Kids Watch Hundreds of Fast Food Ads Per Year
An average American child saw more than 1,000 fast food ads in 2012, according to a study published by the Yale Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity. Given these numbers, it is no surprise that the U.S. has the second highest child obesity rate in the world.
Revenue of McDonald's Corporation worldwide from 2005 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)*
Revenue of McDonald's 2005-2014
Consumer spending in the quick service restaurant (QSR) sector in the United States from 2004 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Consumer spending in the quick service restaurant sector in the U.S. 2004-2014
How frequently do you visit quick service restaurants?
Frequency of quick service restaurant visits in the U.S. as of November 2013
- Number of employees in the U.S. fast food restaurant industry from 2004 to 2018Number of employees in the U.S. fast food restaurant industry from 2004 to 2018
- Market share of leading brands in the U.S. fast food industry in 2013Market share of leading brands in the U.S. fast food industry in 2013
- Products and services segmentation in the U.S. fast food industry in 2013Products and services segmentation in the U.S. fast food industry in 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens