U.S. Kids Watch Hundreds of Fast Food Ads Per Year
An average American child saw more than 1,000 fast food ads in 2012, according to a study published by the Yale Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity. Given these numbers, it is no surprise that the U.S. has the second highest child obesity rate in the world.
This infographic illustrates key facts on U.S. fast food giant McDonald's.
- Obesity and OverweightObesity in the United States
This infographic illustrates some interesting facts about one of the most urgent health issues the United States is currently facing: obesity!
- HealthFewer Americans Exercising Frequently in 2013
This chart shows the percentage of Americans who exercise for at least 30 minutes three or more days a week.
- Fast Food Industry1 in 5 Americans Eat Fast Food Several Times a Week
This chart shows the frequency of dining at fast food restaurants among Americans.
- Brand value of the 10 most valuable fast food brands worldwide in 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Most valuable fast food brands worldwide in 2014
- McDonald's revenue from 2005 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)*
McDonald's revenue 2013
- Revenue of the United States fast food restaurant industry from 2002 to 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars)*
Revenue of the U.S. fast food restaurant industry from 2002 to 2018
- Most valuable fast food brands worldwide in 2014Most valuable fast food brands worldwide in 2014
- Revenue of the U.S. fast food restaurant industry from 2002 to 2018Revenue of the U.S. fast food restaurant industry from 2002 to 2018
- Number of employees in the U.S. fast food restaurant industry from 2004 to 2018Number of employees in the U.S. fast food restaurant industry from 2004 to 2018
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter