U.S. Teens Prefer Instagram Over Twitter And Facebook
According to PiperJaffray's latest report on the preferences of American teens, Instagram has leapfrogged Facebook and Twitter in popularity among teenagers. According to the report, 30 percent of U.S. teens named Instagram the most important social network, while Facebook and Twitter were chosen by 23 and 27 percent, respectively. Especially Facebook has recently lost popularity among younger audiences. A year ago, 33 percent of teens had named it as their favourite. Many saw Facebook's acquisition of Instagram as an attempt to re-connect with the youth. If that were the case, choosing Instagram appears to have been a good choice.
- Leading social networks worldwide as of March 2015, ranked by number of active users (in millions)
Global social networks ranked by number of users 2015
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 4th quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide 2008-2014
- Number of social network users worldwide from 2010 to 2018 (in billions)
Number of global social network users 2010-2018
- Social networks: multi-platform visitors in the United States 2014Social networks: multi-platform visitors in the United States 2014
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2014Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2014
- Preferred social networks of U.S. teens as of Spring 2014Preferred social networks of U.S. teens as of Spring 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens