U.S. Teens Love Instagram
According to PiperJaffray's latest report on the preferences of American teens, Instagram continues to rise in popularity among young internet users. In the Fall 2015 edition of the survey, 33 percent of U.S. teens chose Instagram as their personal number 1, up from just 12 percent in 2012. Instagram's rise comes at the expense of Facebook and Twitter who were chosen by 14 and 20 percent of the respondents, respectively.
Instagram isn't the only platform challenging Facebook and Twitter for teenagers' love and attention: Snapchat is also on the rise and eclipsed Facebook in popularity among U.S. teens for the first time in the most recent edition of the bi-annual survey.
- U.S. Facebook and Twitter user development 2014-2020U.S. Facebook and Twitter user development 2014-2020
- Drop outs from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in the Netherlands 2016Drop outs from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in the Netherlands 2016
- Sorority ranking U.S. 2012, showing facebook fans and twitter followersSorority ranking U.S. 2012, showing facebook fans and twitter followers
- U.S. youth unemployment rate: December 2016, seasonally adjustedU.S. youth unemployment rate: December 2016, seasonally adjusted
- China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of December 19, 2016China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of December 19, 2016
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl