Google Heavily Outspends Tech Rivals on Lobbying
Google, the company who's famous mantra is "Don't be evil", has grown to become one of the largest spenders on lobbying in the United States. Once surely considered "evil" by the company's idealistic founders, lobbying has become essential to the search giant that has repeatedly been subject to antitrust allegations. In 2013, the company spent a total of $15.8 million on lobbying, making Google the fifth largest corporate spender in Washington D.C.
- Google's revenue from 1st quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Google's revenue as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Google's global revenue from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Global revenue of Google from 2002 to 2013
- Most popular GooglePlus users as of September 2013, ranked by number of followers (in millions)
Most popular GooglePlus users as of September 2013
- Google and Microsoft: net income comparison 2008-2013Google and Microsoft: net income comparison 2008-2013
- Revenue comparison for Apple, Google and Microsoft 2008-2012Revenue comparison for Apple, Google and Microsoft 2008-2012
- Mobile-only visitors to leading U.S. web properties in January 2014Mobile-only visitors to leading U.S. web properties in January 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter