Google Heavily Outspends Tech Rivals on Lobbying
Google, the company who's famous mantra is "Don't be evil", has grown to become one of the largest spenders on lobbying in the United States. Once surely considered "evil" by the company's idealistic founders, lobbying has become essential to the search giant that has repeatedly been subject to antitrust allegations. In 2013, the company spent a total of $15.8 million on lobbying, making Google the fifth largest corporate spender in Washington D.C.
- Revenue of Google from 1st quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2015 (in million U.S. dollars)
Google: quarterly revenue as 2008-2015
- Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2015
Number of apps available in leading app stores 2015
- Worldwide market share of leading search engines from January 2010 to April 2015
Global market share of search engines 2010-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens