Google Heavily Outspends Tech Rivals on Lobbying
Google, the company who's famous mantra is "Don't be evil", has grown to become one of the largest spenders on lobbying in the United States. Once surely considered "evil" by the company's idealistic founders, lobbying has become essential to the search giant that has repeatedly been subject to antitrust allegations. In 2013, the company spent a total of $15.8 million on lobbying, making Google the fifth largest corporate spender in Washington D.C.
- Google and Facebook's share of digital display ad spending in the UK 2012-2016Google and Facebook's share of digital display ad spending in the UK 2012-2016
- U.S. traffic comparison of Google and Facebook 2011-2015U.S. traffic comparison of Google and Facebook 2011-2015
- Google: federal lobbying expenses 2010-2017Google: federal lobbying expenses 2010-2017
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2017Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2017
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2017Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2017
- Top 15 most frequently visited websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently visited websites in Sweden 2017
- Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2017Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2017
- Sales of the leading 10 consumer electronics retailers of the U.S. 2015-2016Sales of the leading 10 consumer electronics retailers of the U.S. 2015-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl