Google Heavily Outspends Tech Rivals on Lobbying
Google, the company who's famous mantra is "Don't be evil", has grown to become one of the largest spenders on lobbying in the United States. Once surely considered "evil" by the company's idealistic founders, lobbying has become essential to the search giant that has repeatedly been subject to antitrust allegations. In 2013, the company spent a total of $15.8 million on lobbying, making Google the fifth largest corporate spender in Washington D.C.
- Facebook: quarterly federal lobbying expenses 2011-2016Facebook: quarterly federal lobbying expenses 2011-2016
- Revenue comparison for Apple, Google and Microsoft 2008-2012Revenue comparison for Apple, Google and Microsoft 2008-2012
- Apple, Google, and Microsoft: revenue comparison 2008-2015Apple, Google, and Microsoft: revenue comparison 2008-2015
- Market capitalization of U.S. tech and internet companies 2016Market capitalization of U.S. tech and internet companies 2016
- Google and Microsoft: net income comparison 2008-2014Google and Microsoft: net income comparison 2008-2014
- Revenue of global public internet companies 2014-2015Revenue of global public internet companies 2014-2015
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens