Google Heavily Outspends Tech Rivals on Lobbying
Google, the company who's famous mantra is "Don't be evil", has grown to become one of the largest spenders on lobbying in the United States. Once surely considered "evil" by the company's idealistic founders, lobbying has become essential to the search giant that has repeatedly been subject to antitrust allegations. In 2013, the company spent a total of $15.8 million on lobbying, making Google the fifth largest corporate spender in Washington D.C.
- Google and Facebook's share of digital display ad spending in the UK 2012-2016Google and Facebook's share of digital display ad spending in the UK 2012-2016
- Facebook: quarterly federal lobbying expenses 2011-2016Facebook: quarterly federal lobbying expenses 2011-2016
- Google: federal lobbying expenses 2010-2016Google: federal lobbying expenses 2010-2016
- Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Global market share held by computer operating systems 2012-2015, by monthGlobal market share held by computer operating systems 2012-2015, by month
- Revenue of the leading U.S. sporting goods, footwear and apparel retailers 2015Revenue of the leading U.S. sporting goods, footwear and apparel retailers 2015
- Potential reach of ad campaigns during Gay Pride Parade in the Netherlands 2016Potential reach of ad campaigns during Gay Pride Parade in the Netherlands 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens