Reasons for Shopping on a Computer vs. Mobile Device
Online shoppers still prefer to purchase items on their old PCs instead of their mobile devices. 43 percent of them said that they cannot get a clear or large enough image of the product on their mobile devices with 34 percent stating that the accompanying information cannot be viewed easily. A further 30 percent of shoppers voiced their concerns about giving out their credit card details over a mobile connection.
- Desktop retail e-commerce sales in the United States from 2002 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
U.S. retail e-commerce sales 2002-2014
- Net sales revenue of Amazon from 2004 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Annual net revenue of Amazon 2004-2014
- U.S. online retail spending on Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday from 2008 to 2014
Online retail spending on Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014
- China: online shopping market gross merchandise volume 2007-2017China: online shopping market gross merchandise volume 2007-2017
- Share of Android mobile devices in 2012, by screen sizeShare of Android mobile devices in 2012, by screen size
- Online shopping spending distribution worldwide 2014, by deviceOnline shopping spending distribution worldwide 2014, by device
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens