Reasons for Shopping on a Computer vs. Mobile Device
Online shoppers still prefer to purchase items on their old PCs instead of their mobile devices. 43 percent of them said that they cannot get a clear or large enough image of the product on their mobile devices with 34 percent stating that the accompanying information cannot be viewed easily. A further 30 percent of shoppers voiced their concerns about giving out their credit card details over a mobile connection.
- Online ShoppingBritish Adults Favour Physical Stores
This chart shows primary shopping/purchasing channels among adults in Great Britain.
- AndroidMobile Web: Android Surpasses Apple
This chart shows the global share of iOS and Android mobile/tablet traffic.
- Facebook30% of Facebook Users Are Now Mobile-Only
This charts shows Facebook's monthly active users, broken down by the type of device they access the social network on.
- Mobile App UsageMobile Is Taking Over Digital Media Usage
This chart breaks down the time spent with digital media in selected content categories in the U.S. in May 2014, by platform.
- Most popular retail websites in the United States as of 1st quarter 2014, ranked by visitors (in millions)
Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites in 1st quarter 2014
- Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2002-2013
- Annual travel e-commerce sales in the United States from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Annual travel e-commerce revenue in the United States 2002-2013
- Share of Android mobile devices in 2012, by screen sizeShare of Android mobile devices in 2012, by screen size
- Average U.S. online shopping order value as of 1st quarter 2014Average U.S. online shopping order value as of 1st quarter 2014
- China: online shopping market gross merchandise volume 2006-2016China: online shopping market gross merchandise volume 2006-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter