Mobile Is Taking Over Digital Media Usage
A new report by comScore shows how far along we are in the ongoing shift towards mobile media usage. In many categories, digital content is consumed almost exclusively on mobile devices now. According to comScore, the majority of mobile media usage is happening in apps, which for the first time accounted for more than 50% of time spent with digital media.
- Most popular Apple App Store categories in September 2014, by share of available apps
Most popular Apple App Store categories in September 2014
- Cumulative number of apps downloaded from the Apple App Store from June 2008 to June 2014 (in billions)
Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2014
- Number of free and paid mobile app store downloads worldwide from 2011 to 2017 (in billions)
Mobile app stores: number of free and paid downloads 2011-2017
- Monthly mobile app usage frequency 2014, by categoryMonthly mobile app usage frequency 2014, by category
- Average active app usage in selected countries 2014Average active app usage in selected countries 2014
- News app usage in the U.S. 2014, by deviceNews app usage in the U.S. 2014, by device
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens