American Public Wary Of Biomedical Enhancements
If you were offered a brain chip implant to dramatically improve your cognitive abilities, would you turn it down? Biomedical and nanotechnologies are developing rapidly and it is becoming very conceivable that humans will be able to "upgrade" themselves at some point in the future. However, the technologies in development are generating more wariness than enthusiasm amongst the public.
A survey from Pew Research gauged the American public's reaction to three such technolgies. It found that 68 percent of U.S. adults were worried about gene editing to reduce the risk of disease for babies while 49 percent were enthusiastic. When it comes to the interesting notion of a brain chip implant, nearly seven out of 10 people would be worried about such a procedure.
- Capacity utilization of the global chip industryCapacity utilization of the global chip industry
- Forecast - fixed asset investment of the global chip industryForecast - fixed asset investment of the global chip industry
- Medical technology - top 10 companies based on revenue 2015Medical technology - top 10 companies based on revenue 2015
- Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. April 2017Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. April 2017
- Projected Consumer Price Index in the United States 2010-2022Projected Consumer Price Index in the United States 2010-2022
- China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector and area March 2017China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector and area March 2017
- Revenue of top 20 respiratory brands in the U.S. 2016Revenue of top 20 respiratory brands in the U.S. 2016
- Annual compensation earned by U.S. physicians by specialty 2017Annual compensation earned by U.S. physicians by specialty 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl