This statistic displays the percent distribution of global carbon fiber demand in 2014, sorted by application. In that year, share of global carbon fiber demand totaled 12 percent for sport and leisure applications. Carbon fiber consists of extremely small fibers that are mostly derived from carbon atoms. The global demand is expected to increase alongside with its potential in reinforcing materials such as replacing aluminum in the aerospace sector.
Welcome to Statista!
We are the global leading platform for business data from 600 industries and 50 countries.
Our 700 employees believe that facts cause big changes and promote brilliant ideas. We want to offer you the best basis for fast and effective decisions: Learn more.
Share of global demand for carbon fiber in 2014, by application
|Share of global demand|
only $49 / month *
$49 / Month *
* All products require an annual contract.
Prices do not include sales tax.
Prices do not include sales tax.
Leading companies trust Statista:
I think of Statista as Google for researchers. Statista provides you with the information you search for right away.
Dr. Horst Stipp
EVP, Research & Innovation, Advertising Research Foundation
- Automotive material mix of a typical vehicle in 2025Material use in car production 2025
- Automotive lightweight material market CAGR worldwide between 2015 and 2025, by typeCAGR of the automotive lightweight material market by type 2015-2025
- Global automotive composites material market size from 2015 to 2026 (in billion U.S. dollars)Automotive composites - global market size 2026
- Global demand for semi-finished aluminum products in 2017, by sectorAluminum - global end use by sector 2017
- Distribution of global carbon fiber production capacity in 2018, by countryDistribution of global carbon fiber production capacity by country 2018
- Worldwide base metal production from 2007 to 2017, by commodity type (in million metric tons)Worldwide production of base metals by type 2007-2017
- Alumina production worldwide from 2010 to 2018 (in 1,000 metric tons)Global alumina production 2010-2018
- Production of plastics worldwide from 1950 to 2017 (in million metric tons)*Global plastic production 1950-2017
- Curb weight of light vehicles in North America from 2008 to 2020 (in pounds)Light vehicles in North America: curb weight reduction 2008-2020
- Weight of materials used in light vehicles in North America in 2015, by main material (in billion pounds)Material use - light vehicles in North America 2015
- Which one material family are you relying upon most heavily to help meet the new CAFE fuel economy standards?Automotive fuel-efficiency: materials to achieve CAFE standards 2015
- Aluminum consumption in light vehicles in North America from 1975 to 2028 (in net pounds per vehicle)Aluminum use: net pounds per light vehicle in North America 1975-2028
- Change of aluminum materials used in light vehicles in North America in 2025, compared with 2012, by key componentNorth American automotive aluminum use by component: growth 2012/2025
- Average weight of plastics and polymer composites in U.S. and Canadian-built light vehicles between 2007 and 2017 (in pounds per vehicle)U.S. & Canadian cars: plastic and polymer composite weight 2007-2017
- Plastics and polymer composites as a share of material inputs in U.S. and Canadian-built light vehicles in 2016, by typeU.S. and Canadian vehicles: plastic and polymer composite split 2016
CCeV, & AVK. (September 30, 2015). Share of global demand for carbon fiber in 2014, by application [Graph]. In Statista. Retrieved October 23, 2019, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/380557/share-of-demand-for-carbon-fiber-globally-by-application/
CCeV, und AVK. "Share of global demand for carbon fiber in 2014, by application." Chart. September 30, 2015. Statista. Accessed October 23, 2019. https://www.statista.com/statistics/380557/share-of-demand-for-carbon-fiber-globally-by-application/
CCeV, AVK. (2015). Share of global demand for carbon fiber in 2014, by application. Statista. Statista Inc.. Accessed: October 23, 2019. https://www.statista.com/statistics/380557/share-of-demand-for-carbon-fiber-globally-by-application/
CCeV, and AVK. "Share of Global Demand for Carbon Fiber in 2014, by Application." Statista, Statista Inc., 30 Sep 2015, https://www.statista.com/statistics/380557/share-of-demand-for-carbon-fiber-globally-by-application/
CCeV & AVK, Share of global demand for carbon fiber in 2014, by application Statista, https://www.statista.com/statistics/380557/share-of-demand-for-carbon-fiber-globally-by-application/ (last visited October 23, 2019)