Motorcycles in the U.S. 2018 report
Statista Consumer Survey
Motorcycle brands like BMW, Honda and Kawasaki have managed to make a name for themselves on the U.S. market. But the top dog is with no doubt the local manufacturer Harley-Davidson. Although all the top brands reach continuously high values in brand awareness, Harley-Davidson clearly stands out in terms of market share, customer loyalty and brand image.
The motorcycle market has a lot of potential as half of the bikers state that they plan to buy a bike within the next 12 months. But how can the other manufacturers win over customers, increase loyalty and catch up on Harley-Davidson in terms of brand image? One way might be to specialize and emphasize certain aspects of the brand image. Kawasaki stands out in terms of sportiveness, Honda’s motorcycles are perceived to be reliable and BMW is catching up in regard to prestige.
In this report we show what bikers look for when buying a motorcycle and how the top brands are positioned in terms of satisfaction, customer loyalty and brand image.
- Purchase intent in the next 12 months
- Planned channels for the next motorcycle purchase among motorcyclists with purchase intention
- Brand awareness and ownership of the 10 best-known motorcycle brands
- Satisfaction of drivers of selected brands
- Willingness to change of drivers of selected brands
- Image of selected brands
- Top 7 purchase criteria of drivers of selected brands
- Attitudes of drivers of selected brands
- Gender and age of drivers of selected brands
- Education and household income of drivers of selected brands