Most Social Networks Are Now Mobile First
As it becomes ever more mobile, social networking is rapidly leaving the desktop in its wake. Currently, 68 percent of Facebook users spend their time accessing the service via mobile devices. Among Twitter users, this number rises to an impressive 86 percent. Just 2 percent of Instagram users use desktops. At the other end of the scale, LinkedIn is still very desktop heavy with 74 percent of its users accessing the professional network through PCs.
- Internet Usage in ChinaTencent's Impressive Line Of Messaging + Social Platforms
This chart shows the growth of Tencent's instant messaging and social media platforms.
- Social NetworksSnapchat More Popular Than Twitter Among Millennials
This chart shows the most popular social media apps among U.S. millennials in June 2014.
- NetflixNetflix Challenges TV Networks at the 2014 Emmys
This chart shows the 12 networks with the most nominations at the 2014 Emmy Awards.
- NetflixNetflix Beats HBO in Subscription Revenue
This chart compares the subscription revenue of pay-TV provider HBO to Netflix's streaming subscription revenue.
- Media UsePeople Spend More Time Looking at Screens Than Ever
This chart shows how Americans' use of screen media has changed between the first quarter of 2013 and the first quarter of 2014.
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide from 3rd quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Leading social networks worldwide as of June 2014, ranked by number of active users (in millions)
Global social networks ranked by number of users 2014
- Number of smartphone social network users in the United States from 2011 to 2017 (in millions)
Number of U.S. smartphone social network users 2011-2017
- U.S. market share of sold light trucks 1990-2012U.S. market share of sold light trucks 1990-2012
- Number of mobile-only Facebook users as of 2nd quarter 2014Number of mobile-only Facebook users as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Daily mobile Facebook activities of U.S. smartphone users 2013Daily mobile Facebook activities of U.S. smartphone users 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter