Most Social Networks Are Now Mobile First
As it becomes ever more mobile, social networking is rapidly leaving the desktop in its wake. Currently, 68 percent of Facebook users spend their time accessing the service via mobile devices. Among Twitter users, this number rises to an impressive 86 percent. Just 2 percent of Instagram users use desktops. At the other end of the scale, LinkedIn is still very desktop heavy with 74 percent of its users accessing the professional network through PCs.
- FacebookFacebook's Revenue Soars On Mobile Ad Boom
This chart shows Facebook's revenue growth since the first quarter of 2012.
- Facebook30% of Facebook Users Are Now Mobile-Only
This charts shows Facebook's monthly active users, broken down by the type of device they access the social network on.
- PovertyDetroit Comes First For Poverty in the United States
This chart shows the percentage of the population below the poverty level in U.S. cities in 2014.
- App StoresMonthly Mobile App Usage in the U.S.
This chart shows mobile app usage by Android and iPhone users in the United States by age.
- FacebookFacebook Drives 20x As Much Traffic As Twitter Does
This chart shows the percentage of overall traffic to websites coming from Facebook or Twitter referrals. Next to social referrals, overall traffic includes direct traffic, paid and organic search traffic etc.
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide from 3rd quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Leading social networks worldwide as of June 2014, ranked by number of active users (in millions)
Global social networks ranked by number of users 2014
- Number of smartphone social network users in the United States from 2011 to 2017 (in millions)
Number of U.S. smartphone social network users 2011-2017
- U.S. market share of sold light trucks 1990-2012U.S. market share of sold light trucks 1990-2012
- Number of mobile-only Facebook users as of 2nd quarter 2014Number of mobile-only Facebook users as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Daily mobile Facebook activities of U.S. smartphone users 2013Daily mobile Facebook activities of U.S. smartphone users 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter