Most Social Networks Are Now Mobile First
As it becomes ever more mobile, social networking is rapidly leaving the desktop in its wake. Currently, 68 percent of Facebook users spend their time accessing the service via mobile devices. Among Twitter users, this number rises to an impressive 86 percent. Just 2 percent of Instagram users use desktops. At the other end of the scale, LinkedIn is still very desktop heavy with 74 percent of its users accessing the professional network through PCs.
- Daily mobile Facebook activities of U.S. smartphone users 2013Daily mobile Facebook activities of U.S. smartphone users 2013
- Facebook: global mobile advertising revenue 2013-2021Facebook: global mobile advertising revenue 2013-2021
- Facebook Messenger: mobile usage penetration in selected countries 2014Facebook Messenger: mobile usage penetration in selected countries 2014
- China: production of cell phones by month September 2016China: production of cell phones by month September 2016
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016
- Forecast spending global telecom services 2014-2019Forecast spending global telecom services 2014-2019
- Share of mobile shoppers in the Nordics 2016Share of mobile shoppers in the Nordics 2016
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month August 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month August 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl