Gross domestic product (GDP) of the BRIC countries from 2004 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the gross domestic product (GDP) of the BRIC countries from 2004 to 2014. The BRIC countries are the emerging countries Brazil, Russia, India and China. In 2011, the GDP of all BRIC states amounted to approximately 13.5 billion U.S. dollars.
Gross domestic product of the BRIC countries
Each of the four countries saw their GDP rise annually, in particular China, whose GDP increased by roughly 6 times since 2003. The BRIC countries have been experiencing an economical boom over the past several years and therefore have seen significant gains in the production of goods and services. Additionally, each of the four countries had one of the top 10 largest gross domestic products in 2014, producing more than developed countries such as Canada and Australia. Unemployment rates have also been correspondingly low in these countries, with the exception of India. China, Russia and Brazil maintained an unemployment rate of roughly 6 percent or less in 2013, indicating their economies are still demanding workers in order to produce.
Despite China having the largest population in the world, work is constantly in demand due to cheap labor and lower costs for many manufacturing companies globally. However, there have often been complaints of poor working conditions in Chinese factories, regularly leading to complaints and much criticism from the general public. As a result, several companies are considering decreasing production of their goods in these factories.
- Growth of the global gross domestic product (GDP) 2014Growth of the global gross domestic product (GDP) 2014
- Global gross domestic product (GDP) per capita 2013Global gross domestic product (GDP) per capita 2013
- Gross domestic product (GDP) in Brazil 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) in Brazil 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) of the United States 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) of the United States 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) of China 2009-2019Gross domestic product (GDP) of China 2009-2019
- Monthly inflation rate in industrial and emerging markets 2014Monthly inflation rate in industrial and emerging markets 2014
- Monthly inflation rate in China as of June 2014Monthly inflation rate in China as of June 2014
- GDP growth in the EU and the Euro area compared to the previous quarter Q1 2014GDP growth in the EU and the Euro area compared to the previous quarter Q1 2014
- Global economy - Statista Dossier 2013Global economy - Statista Dossier 2013
- Russia - Statista Dossier 2012Russia - Statista Dossier 2012
- India - Statista Dossier 2012India - Statista Dossier 2012
- China - Statista Dossier 2014China - Statista Dossier 2014
- Spain - Statista Dossier 2012Spain - Statista Dossier 2012
- Italy - Statista Dossier 2012Italy - Statista Dossier 2012
- Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014
- Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014
- Ukrainians' confidence in their government from 2006 to 2013Ukrainians' confidence in their government from 2006 to 2013