One European Country Is Not Excited About Christmas
Christmas excitement is building around the world, especially in Europe where hot wine is flowing at Christmas markets and the pace of shopping is accelerating. YouGov polled seven Northern European countries to gauge the festive mood and it was positive everywhere except France.
When asked whether they agree or disagree with the question “are you looking forward to Christmas?", 69 percent of people in the United Kingdom said they agreed, along with 76 percent in Denmark. By contrast, the mood in France seems very gloomy indeed with 57 percent of respondents disagreeing. YouGov has listed several possible reasons for the lack of Christmas enthusiasm in France. These include a low government approval rating, weak economic growth and anxiety over immigration.
- Total U.S. Christmas Price Index 1992-2015Total U.S. Christmas Price Index 1992-2015
- U.S. consumer Christmas spending habits 2011-2013U.S. consumer Christmas spending habits 2011-2013
- Online christmas shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2013-2016Online christmas shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2013-2016
- Leading export countries worldwide 2016Leading export countries worldwide 2016
- Leading import countries worldwide 2016Leading import countries worldwide 2016
- YTD market share of selected car manufacturers in Europe 2017YTD market share of selected car manufacturers in Europe 2017
- Globalization Index - top 50 countries 2017Globalization Index - top 50 countries 2017
- Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2017Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl