One European Country Is Not Excited About Christmas
Christmas excitement is building around the world, especially in Europe where hot wine is flowing at Christmas markets and the pace of shopping is accelerating. YouGov polled seven Northern European countries to gauge the festive mood and it was positive everywhere except France.
When asked whether they agree or disagree with the question “are you looking forward to Christmas?", 69 percent of people in the United Kingdom said they agreed, along with 76 percent in Denmark. By contrast, the mood in France seems very gloomy indeed with 57 percent of respondents disagreeing. YouGov has listed several possible reasons for the lack of Christmas enthusiasm in France. These include a low government approval rating, weak economic growth and anxiety over immigration.
- Total U.S. Christmas Price Index 1992-2011Total U.S. Christmas Price Index 1992-2011
- U.S. consumer Christmas spending habits 2011-2013U.S. consumer Christmas spending habits 2011-2013
- Quarterly unemployment rate in France 1st quarter 2016Quarterly unemployment rate in France 1st quarter 2016
- Proportions of economic sectors in GDP in selected countries 2015Proportions of economic sectors in GDP in selected countries 2015
- Unemployment rates in major industrial and emerging countries 2015Unemployment rates in major industrial and emerging countries 2015
- International tourist arrivals worldwide 1990-2015, by region of originInternational tourist arrivals worldwide 1990-2015, by region of origin
- Yield on ten-year government bonds of selected countries 2016Yield on ten-year government bonds of selected countries 2016
- Change of gasoline price in selected countries 2015-2016Change of gasoline price in selected countries 2015-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens