Which VR Headset Holds the Pole Position?
Virtual Reality is one of the hottest new markets in the tech world and virtually every big player in the industry is currently trying to claim a piece of it before it takes off. Facebook, Sony, Google and others have all at least pre-announced their own VR headset; Samsung’s Gear VR, which requires a Samsung smartphone to work, became available this week.
With 360-degree videos displayed on smartphones giving consumers a first taste of what’s to come, 2016 is supposed to be the breakthrough year for virtual reality headsets. But which company has done the best job of teasing its product to the public? According to a survey conducted by Statista earlier this year, Facebook’s Oculus Rift scores highest in terms of consumer awareness with 35 percent of the respondents having heard of it.
31 percent of the respondents had never heard of any Virtual Reality headset. Let’s see if the next twelve months will change that.
- Awareness of virtual reality (VR) headsets in the United States 2015, by age groupAwareness of virtual reality (VR) headsets in the United States 2015, by age group
- Projected revenue of the augmented and virtual reality markets worldwide 2016-2020Projected revenue of the augmented and virtual reality markets worldwide 2016-2020
- Awareness of virtual reality headset brands in the United States 2015, by age groupAwareness of virtual reality headset brands in the United States 2015, by age group
- Number of Zika virus cases in the U.S. by state or territory 2015-2016Number of Zika virus cases in the U.S. by state or territory 2015-2016
- Leading kids brands in the U.S. 2016Leading kids brands in the U.S. 2016
- Pokémon Go awareness in the U.S. 2016Pokémon Go awareness in the U.S. 2016
- Most valuable automotive brands worldwide by brand value 2016Most valuable automotive brands worldwide by brand value 2016
- Walmart's net sales worldwide 2006-2016Walmart's net sales worldwide 2006-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl