Shortest Day of the Year
Europe's Gloomiest Cities
Today marks the official beginning of winter in the Northern Hemisphere. Also the shortest day of the year, This infographic marks winter solstice by looking at the gloomiest places in Europe. In terms of hours of sunlight, Glasgow is the most overcast city under consideration. Hamburg, home to the Statista headquarters, also makes it into the 'top' ten.
- Climate in China: annual average sunshine hours in major cities in 2015Climate in China: annual average sunshine hours in major cities in 2015
- Total annual sunshine hours in UK 1930-2015Total annual sunshine hours in UK 1930-2015
- Sunniest major cities in the United StatesSunniest major cities in the United States
- U.S. retail prices of diesel fuel monthly 2016-2017U.S. retail prices of diesel fuel monthly 2016-2017
- USA - employment rate 1990-2016USA - employment rate 1990-2016
- Most watched TV networks in the U.S. 2016Most watched TV networks in the U.S. 2016
- Media usage in an online minute 2016Media usage in an online minute 2016
- U.S. monthly trend in allergy sufferers 2010-2012U.S. monthly trend in allergy sufferers 2010-2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl