The World's Top-Earning Hedge Fund Managers
It's actually been a bad year for hedge funds. Looking at this infographic though, the average person would never guess it.
The top 25 earning hedge fund managers pulled in a combined 11 billion U.S. dollars in 2016. While this is a massive sum, it is, relatively speaking, disappointing. The lowest figure since 2005's $9.4 billion, 2016 was well below the imperious heights reached three years ago - a huge $21 billion.
Presumably though, Renaissance Technologies' James Simmons won't be losing much sleep, sitting atop of the pile having earned a cool $1.6 billion.
- Leading hedge funds globally 2015, by net gains since inceptionLeading hedge funds globally 2015, by net gains since inception
- Leading hedge funds on the European market in 2015, by return rate Leading hedge funds on the European market in 2015, by return rate
- Leading hedge funds on the European market in 2015, by assetsLeading hedge funds on the European market in 2015, by assets
- The richest people in America as of 2017The richest people in America as of 2017
- Assets under management of hedge funds worldwide 1997-2016Assets under management of hedge funds worldwide 1997-2016
- Number of ETFs globally 2003-2016Number of ETFs globally 2003-2016
- UK share of global fund management turnover 1998-2014UK share of global fund management turnover 1998-2014
- UK share of global hedge funds assets 2001-2014UK share of global hedge funds assets 2001-2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl