Typical formats are e.g. skyscrapers, wallpapers, interstitials or pop-ups which usually link to a landing page of the advertiser. In addition to these static banners, so-called rich media banners allow playing sounds, animations or videos.
Videos which are displayed instead of a static banner outside of a certain video player are also considered rich media.
Overlay advertisements and pre-roll, mid-roll or post-roll video ads within web- or app-based video players are no banners but are categorized as Video Advertising.
All figures refer to gross values.
- Banners on websites or in apps
- Rich media ads on websites or in apps
- Videos on websites or in apps which are displayed instead of banners
- Overlays within web- or app-based video players
- Pre-roll, mid-roll, post-roll video ads within web- or app-based video players
Digital Advertising Report 2019 - Banner Advertising
Statista Digital Market Outlook - Segment ReportDownload
Ad Spending Spending Development
in the Banner Advertising market in million US$ in percent
- Ad Spending
- Spending Development
Average Ad Spending per Internet User
in the Banner Advertising market in US$
in the Banner Advertising market in million US$
Here you can find more studies and statistics about "Banner Advertising".