Premium
Premium statistics

Industry-specific and extensively researched technical data (partially from exclusive partnerships).

A paid subscription is required for full access.

Distribution of the radioactive waste volume in the United Kingdom (UK), by levels of radioactivity
Radioactive waste volume in the United Kingdom (UK), by levels of radioactivity
This statistic displays the total volume of radioactive waste generated in the United Kingdom (UK) sorted by level of radioactivity. Humans come into contact with radiation on a day to day basis, with approximately 84% of it occurring naturally and the remaining 16% coming predominantly from the use of ionizing radiation in medical procedures. Other artificial sources of radiation include the mining and fossil fuel extraction industries, the nuclear industry, land remediation, and research. High level radioactive materials only account for 0.07% of the volume of radioactive waste.
Distribution of the radioactive waste volume in the United Kingdom (UK), by levels of radioactivity
Proportion of radioactive waste volume
--
--
--
Exclusive Premium statistic

You need a Premium Account for unlimited access.

  • Full access to 1m statistics

  • Incl. source references

  • Available to download in PNG, PDF, XLS format

Premium Account

only $59 / month *
*Duration: 12 months, billed annually, single license

Access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics from

$708 / Year

Show detailed source information?
Register for free
Already a member?
Log in
Source

Release date

October 2015

Region

United Kingdom

Survey time period

2015

Radioactive waste volume in the United Kingdom (UK), by levels of radioactivity
This statistic displays the total volume of radioactive waste generated in the United Kingdom (UK) sorted by level of radioactivity. Humans come into contact with radiation on a day to day basis, with approximately 84% of it occurring naturally and the remaining 16% coming predominantly from the use of ionizing radiation in medical procedures. Other artificial sources of radiation include the mining and fossil fuel extraction industries, the nuclear industry, land remediation, and research. High level radioactive materials only account for 0.07% of the volume of radioactive waste.
Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $708 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.
This statistic is not included in your account!

Premium Account
Your perfect start with Statista
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references

$59 / Month *

Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* All products require an annual contract.
   Prices do not include sales tax.
Statistics on "Waste management in Italy"
  • Waste production
  • Waste collection and sorting
  • Waste disposal
  • Waste recycling
Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $708 / Year
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.