This statistic shows the number of orphan drugs used in Sweden from 2016 to 2018. In 2016, the number of orphan drugs in use amounted to 54. The number increased in 2017 to 63 orphan drugs in use and peaked at a number of 68 orphan drugs in the year that followed.
Welcome to Statista!
We are the global leading platform for business data from 600 industries and 50 countries.
Our 700 employees believe that facts cause big changes and promote brilliant ideas. We want to offer you the best basis for fast and effective decisions: Learn more.
Number of orphan drugs used in Sweden from 2016 to 2018
|Number of orphan drugs|
only $49 / month *
$49 / Month *
* All products require an annual contract.
Prices do not include sales tax.
Prices do not include sales tax.
Leading companies trust Statista:
Statista has been my savior on several occasions. The site is easy to maneuver and the data is in a format that can go right into a report or presentation.
Vice President, Hearst Magazines
- Global prescription orphan drug sales from 2010 to 2024 (in billion U.S. dollars)Projection of global revenue for orphan prescription drugs 2010-2024
- Global prescription orphan drug annual growth in revenues from 2011 to 2024Annual growth in global revenue for prescribed orphan drugs 2011-2024
- Average annual cost of orphan drugs per patient from 2014 to 2018 (in U.S. dollars)*Annual average cost of orphan drugs per patient 2014-2018
- Per-year list price of the top ten most expensive drugs worldwide as of 2018*Price comparison of the 10 most expensive drugs as of 2018
- Median cost per patient per year for orphan and non-orphan drugs from 2014 to 2018 (in U.S. dollars)Orphan vs. non-orphan drugs median cost per patient per year 2014-2018
- Top 50 global pharmaceutical companies by prescription sales and R&D spending in 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars)Top 50 pharmaceutical companies - Rx sales and R&D spending 2018
- Top pharmaceutical companies by orphan drug revenue worldwide in 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars)Top global companies by orphan drug revenues 2018
- Forecast of top 10 pharmaceutical companies by global orphan drug revenue in 2024 (in billion U.S. dollars)*Top 10 companies by global revenue from orphan drugs 2024
- Top 20 pharmaceutical companies worldwide by orphan drug revenue market share in 2024 compared to 2018*Market share of top 20 companies for orphan drugs worldwide 2018 and 2024
- Top global orphan drugs by revenue in 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars)*Top global orphan drugs by revenue 2018
- Projected top 10 orphan drugs worldwide by revenue in 2024 (in billion U.S. dollars)*Projection of top 10 orphan drugs by global revenue 2024
- Annual number of accepted orphan designations in the United States from 2003 to 2018Number of orphan designations accepted in the U.S. 2003-2018
- Percentage of select orphan drugs' U.S. revenues attributable to non-orphan usage in 2017Percentage of select orphan drug US sales by non/orphan use 2017
- Percentage of FDA-approved orphan drugs with additional non-orphan indications between 1983 and 2018FDA approved orphan drugs with non-orphan indications 1983-2018
- Total global spending on pharmaceutical research and development from 2010 to 2024 (in billion U.S. dollars)Total global pharmaceutical R&D spending 2010-2024
- Projection of top 10 orphan drugs in development (phase III/filed) by NPV as of 2019 (in billion U.S. dollars)Leading orphan drugs in development based on net present value 2019
- Number of non-oncology orphan designated products currently being developed worldwide by company type as of April 2019Global therapeutic pipeline for non-oncology orphan drug programs by company 2019
- Average time from orphan drug designation to last remaining exclusivity in the U.S. as of 2018, by current statusTime from orphan drug design to final exclusivity 2018, by current status
- Probability of success for new rare disease and high prevalence disease drugs in the U.S. by development phase from 2006 to 2015U.S. development Phase success rates for rare and common disease drugs 2006-2015
- Number of rare diseases, disease patients and treatments worldwide and in the U.S. as of 2016Overview of rare diseases worldwide and in the U.S. as of 2016
- Life expectancy for individuals with select rare diseases before available treatment and now worldwide as of 2017Impact of medicines on life expectancy for select rare diseases worldwide as of 2017
- Distribution of patients in the U.S. with rare factor deficiencies as of 2018, by gender* Distribution of U.S. patients with rare factor deficiencies as of 2018, by gender
- Feelings of patients with rare diseases in the U.S. compared to other patients as of 2015U.S. rare disease patient feelings as of 2015
Lægemiddelindustriforeningen. (September 1, 2018). Number of orphan drugs used in Sweden from 2016 to 2018 [Graph]. In Statista. Retrieved October 22, 2019, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/947548/number-of-orphan-drugs-used-in-sweden/
Lægemiddelindustriforeningen. "Number of orphan drugs used in Sweden from 2016 to 2018 ." Chart. September 1, 2018. Statista. Accessed October 22, 2019. https://www.statista.com/statistics/947548/number-of-orphan-drugs-used-in-sweden/
Lægemiddelindustriforeningen. (2018). Number of orphan drugs used in Sweden from 2016 to 2018 . Statista. Statista Inc.. Accessed: October 22, 2019. https://www.statista.com/statistics/947548/number-of-orphan-drugs-used-in-sweden/
Lægemiddelindustriforeningen. "Number of Orphan Drugs Used in Sweden from 2016 to 2018 ." Statista, Statista Inc., 1 Sep 2018, https://www.statista.com/statistics/947548/number-of-orphan-drugs-used-in-sweden/
Lægemiddelindustriforeningen, Number of orphan drugs used in Sweden from 2016 to 2018 Statista, https://www.statista.com/statistics/947548/number-of-orphan-drugs-used-in-sweden/ (last visited October 22, 2019)