Messaging & Social App Use Triples in 2013
Along with the growing adoption of smartphones, app usage is increasing as well. According to Flurry Analytics, overall app use increased 115 percent in 2013, with the fastest growing app categories being messaging & social and utilities & productivity. Flurry reports app use in terms of app sessions rather than in terms time spent with apps, i.e. people have opened gaming apps 66 percent more often in 2013 than in 2012.
- Mobile App UsageHow Many Apps U.S. Smartphone Owners Use Per Month
This chart shows how many apps U.S. smartphone owners use per month and how much time they spend with apps.
- App DevelopersBritain's App Industry Is Ready for Takeoff
This chart shows the UK App Economy revenue forecast 2013-2025
- Mobile App UsageMobile Is Taking Over Digital Media Usage
This chart breaks down the time spent with digital media in selected content categories in the U.S. in May 2014, by platform.
- Mobile InternetYouTube and Facebook Account for a Third of Mobile Web Traffic
This chart shows which applications account for the most mobile data traffic in North America
- FacebookFacebook's Impressive Mobile Line-Up
This chart shows mobile monthly active users of services owned by Facebook.
- Most popular Apple App Store categories in June 2014, by share of available apps
Most popular Apple App Store categories in June 2014
- Cumulative number of apps downloaded from the Apple App Store from June 2008 to June 2014 (in billions)
Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2014
- Number of free and paid mobile app store downloads worldwide from 2011 to 2017 (in billions)
Mobile app stores: number of free and paid downloads 2011-2017
- Number of smartphone apps owned and used in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013Number of smartphone apps owned and used in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013
- IM apps: share of messaging volume and revenues 2018IM apps: share of messaging volume and revenues 2018
- Number of text messages sent in the United Kingdom (UK) 2004-2012Number of text messages sent in the United Kingdom (UK) 2004-2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter