Messaging & Social App Use Triples in 2013
Along with the growing adoption of smartphones, app usage is increasing as well. According to Flurry Analytics, overall app use increased 115 percent in 2013, with the fastest growing app categories being messaging & social and utilities & productivity. Flurry reports app use in terms of app sessions rather than in terms time spent with apps, i.e. people have opened gaming apps 66 percent more often in 2013 than in 2012.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens