Messaging & Social App Use Triples in 2013
Along with the growing adoption of smartphones, app usage is increasing as well. According to Flurry Analytics, overall app use increased 115 percent in 2013, with the fastest growing app categories being messaging & social and utilities & productivity. Flurry reports app use in terms of app sessions rather than in terms time spent with apps, i.e. people have opened gaming apps 66 percent more often in 2013 than in 2012.
- Mobile messaging preference reasons of UK WhatsApp users 2013Mobile messaging preference reasons of UK WhatsApp users 2013
- U.S. smartphone mobile messaging app usage 2016, by genderU.S. smartphone mobile messaging app usage 2016, by gender
- Revenue of mobile messaging apps in 2015 and 2020Revenue of mobile messaging apps in 2015 and 2020
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016
- Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl