Americans Would Choose Internet Over TV If They Had To
This chart shows which technologies Americans wouldn't want to give up. A couple of years ago, television and landline telephones topped that list. Now it's internet and cellphones that Americans find the most essential.
- Television IndustryHow TV Watching Has Evolved Over The Past 8 Years
Based on the example of Showtime TV series Dexter and Homeland, this chart nicely illustrates how TV watching habits have evolved over the past few years.
- FacebookFacebook Drives 20x As Much Traffic As Twitter Does
This chart shows the percentage of overall traffic to websites coming from Facebook or Twitter referrals. Next to social referrals, overall traffic includes direct traffic, paid and organic search traffic etc.
- Financial MarketsHow Bitcoin Compares To Other Crypto-Currencies
This chart shows the ten largest crypto-currencies, based on their market capitalization in July 2014.
- Internet usage worldwideThe U.S. Comes 7th for High Speed Internet Penetration
This chart shows the top 10 countries with the highest penetration of 10+ Mbps Internet connections.
- Online ShoppingReasons for Shopping on a Computer vs. Mobile Device
This chart shows reasons why shoppers use a computer as opposed to a mobile device.
- Market value of the largest internet companies worldwide as of May 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Market value of the largest internet companies worldwide in 2014
- Number of internet users in selected countries as of February 2014 (in millions)
Number of internet users worldwide in February 2014, by country
- Number of worldwide internet users from 2000 to 2014 (in millions)
Global number of worldwide internet users 2000-2014
- Preferences of hotel guests for complimentary amenitiesPreferences of hotel guests for complimentary amenities
- Hotel guest preference of pampering giftsHotel guest preference of pampering gifts
- Decision about a destination according to the information sourceDecision about a destination according to the information source
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter