Americans Would Choose Internet Over TV If They Had To
This chart shows which technologies Americans wouldn't want to give up. A couple of years ago, television and landline telephones topped that list. Now it's internet and cellphones that Americans find the most essential.
- Market value of the largest internet companies worldwide as of May 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Market value of the largest internet companies worldwide in 2014
- Number of internet users in selected countries as of February 2014 (in millions)
Number of internet users worldwide in February 2014, by country
- Number of worldwide internet users from 2000 to 2014 (in millions)
Global number of worldwide internet users 2000-2014
- Preferences of hotel guests for complimentary amenitiesPreferences of hotel guests for complimentary amenities
- Hotel guest preference of pampering giftsHotel guest preference of pampering gifts
- Decision about a destination according to the information sourceDecision about a destination according to the information source
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens