The United States Only Ranks 8th in Twitter Penetration
With roughly 50 million Twitter users, the United States has the largest Twitter population in the world. The number of active users, i.e. those who actually tweet, is significantly lower though. According to analytics company PeerReach, only 11 percent of U.S. internet users actually tweet.
- Media usage in an online minute 2016Media usage in an online minute 2016
- Online social network activities in the Netherlands 2012-2015Online social network activities in the Netherlands 2012-2015
- Leading video gaming brands on Twitter 2017, by followersLeading video gaming brands on Twitter 2017, by followers
- Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2017Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2017
- Quarterly Twitter usage rate in Norway 2016, by frequencyQuarterly Twitter usage rate in Norway 2016, by frequency
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl