Global PC Industry Continues Downward Trend
The global PC industry did not finish 2013 on a positive note. PC shipments declined 6.9 percent in the holiday quarter, ending a horrible year for the industry. As developed markets show strong signs of saturation and consumers in developing countries prefer lower cost alternatives such as tablets or smartphones PC sales suffered the biggest year-over-year decline (-10%) since Gartner started tracking the PC industry in the late 1980s. In the past 12 months, 316 million PCs were shipped globally, signifiyng the lowest level since 2009. Gartner belives that the industry has bottomed out and expects no further decline in 2014. Given the lack of innovation in the PC industry and the increasing competitiveness of tablets in terms of performance, we wouldn't bet on the PC industry though.
- Market saturation of selected countries in the retail sector 2016Market saturation of selected countries in the retail sector 2016
- Forecast: tablet PC sales in the United States 2010-2016Forecast: tablet PC sales in the United States 2010-2016
- Tablet PC: global revenue forecast 2010-2015Tablet PC: global revenue forecast 2010-2015
- Global market share held by PC vendors in 2016Global market share held by PC vendors in 2016
- Number of PC unit shipments worldwide by vendor 2016Number of PC unit shipments worldwide by vendor 2016
- Vendors' quarterly market share of PC unit shipments worldwide 2011-2016Vendors' quarterly market share of PC unit shipments worldwide 2011-2016
- Global PC unit shipments 2006-2016Global PC unit shipments 2006-2016
- Global market share held by PC vendors 2006-2016Global market share held by PC vendors 2006-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl