Humans Account for Less Than Half of Global Web Traffic
Global web traffic has increased sharply over the past few years. However, the majority of today's website traffic is not actually human traffic. According to Incapsula's Global Bot Traffic Report, 56% of website traffic can be traced back to bots that automatically browse websites for different purposes. Roughly half of all automated traffic comes from good bots, e.g. search engine crawlers that index a website’s content. The other half of automated traffic is malicious though, caused by impersonators, content scrapers or other hacking tools that are used to steal data, spam websites or simply bring them down.
- Consumer internet traffic in North America 2015-2020Consumer internet traffic in North America 2015-2020
- Consumer internet traffic in Middle East and Africa 2015-2020Consumer internet traffic in Middle East and Africa 2015-2020
- Consumer internet traffic in Asia Pacific 2015-2020Consumer internet traffic in Asia Pacific 2015-2020
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017
- Leading websites in the United Kingdom (UK) as of September 2013, by share of visitsLeading websites in the United Kingdom (UK) as of September 2013, by share of visits
- Countries with the fastest average internet connection speed 2016Countries with the fastest average internet connection speed 2016
- Share of global mobile website traffic 2015-2016Share of global mobile website traffic 2015-2016
- Share of mobile internet traffic in global regions 2017Share of mobile internet traffic in global regions 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl