The Countries With The Most Hospital Beds
Analysing the number of hospital beds per capita provides a good indication of the level of resources available to a country in terms of treating inpatients in hospitals. When it comes to the world's developed economies, Japan and South Korea lead the way in hospital bed capacity with 13.3 and 11.0 per 1,000 of the population respectively. That is considerably more than the United States with 2.9 or Ireland and the UK who are tied on 2.8 each. .
- Number of all hospital beds in the U.S. 1975-2014Number of all hospital beds in the U.S. 1975-2014
- Medicare - total number of hospital beds in the U.S. 1967-2014Medicare - total number of hospital beds in the U.S. 1967-2014
- Density of hospital beds worldwide by region 2012Density of hospital beds worldwide by region 2012
- Number of all hospitals in the U.S. 1975-2015Number of all hospitals in the U.S. 1975-2015
- Top 10 U.S. non-profit hospitals based on the number of beds 2017Top 10 U.S. non-profit hospitals based on the number of beds 2017
- Top U.S. for-profit hospital operators based on number of hospitals 2017Top U.S. for-profit hospital operators based on number of hospitals 2017
- Total hospital admissions in the United States 1946-2014Total hospital admissions in the United States 1946-2014
- Daily average hospital census in the United States 1946-2014Daily average hospital census in the United States 1946-2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl