Bye Bye Flash!
Google has announced yesterday that it won’t be accepting flash-based ads after the end of June 2016. From 2017 onwards all ads will have to be coded in HTML5. Flash is now widely regarded as a performance-hampering safety hazard and more and more companies are turning their back on what was once the industry standard. Citing security concerns, Mozilla recently disabled the Flash plugin in its Firefox browser by default; Amazon has banned it from its advertising network and other companies are following suite. In January 2016, just 18 percent of websites in the Alexa Top 10,000 used Flash, down from almost 50 percent four years earlier.
- Flash memory market size worldwide 2013-2019Flash memory market size worldwide 2013-2019
- Flash memory market size worldwide 2013-2019, by regionFlash memory market size worldwide 2013-2019, by region
- Flash memory market size in Americas 2013-2019Flash memory market size in Americas 2013-2019
- Alibaba: annual revenue 2010-2016Alibaba: annual revenue 2010-2016
- Most costly natural disasters to insurance industry worldwide 2015Most costly natural disasters to insurance industry worldwide 2015
- United States - fatalities due to natural disasters 2015United States - fatalities due to natural disasters 2015
- United States: estimated overall losses due to natural disasters 2015United States: estimated overall losses due to natural disasters 2015
- Amazon: total active customer accounts as of 1st quarter 2016Amazon: total active customer accounts as of 1st quarter 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens