Some Of The Numbers Behind St. Patrick's Day
Around the world, people consume about 7.5 million pints of Guinness every day and this rises to 13 million on St. Patrick's Day. That's enough to fill 60 percent of the Empire State Building. March 17th is an important day in Ireland but Americans really tend to celebrate it. In 2016, they are expected to spend a grand total of $4.4 billion or $35.37 per person on celebrating their love for the Emerald Isle. Across the United States, about 39.6 million people claim Irish heritage – almost 7 times Ireland’s population.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl