U.S. Millennials' Lack Of Confidence Is Nothing New
Does America have a generational confidence gap about its future? Earlier this year, even before the election, 37 percent of Millennials had "quite a lot of confidence" in the future of the United States. That number was higher for generation X (45 percent), baby boomers (49 percent) and the silent generation (56 percent). That trend is nothing new according to Pew Research. Back in 1975, boomers aged between 18 and 29 were their country's youngest generation as well as being the least optimistic.
- U.S. Millennials: social media app reach 2014U.S. Millennials: social media app reach 2014
- Personality Characteristics of Millennials 2015Personality Characteristics of Millennials 2015
- U.S. Millennials: share of retail expenditure 2013-2020U.S. Millennials: share of retail expenditure 2013-2020
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- Weekly time spent with media per user in the U.S. 2016, by ageWeekly time spent with media per user in the U.S. 2016, by age
- Year-to-year percentage of change in holiday retail sales in the U.S. 2000-2016Year-to-year percentage of change in holiday retail sales in the U.S. 2000-2016
- U.S. adults' level of pride to be an American 2015U.S. adults' level of pride to be an American 2015
- Number of monthly active Instagram users 2013-2017Number of monthly active Instagram users 2013-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl