Uber Is Closing In On Volkswagen
The sharing economy is booming, especially when it comes to ride sharing. Services such as Uber and Lyft, that come with handy apps that let you order a car within a single swipe, offer a convenient way to travel. However, it isn’t just for Uber and Co.’s services and growing user numbers that startups within the ride sharing segment have received plenty of media attention of late.
According to Statista’s Digital Market Outlook, sky-high valuations have resulted in ride sharing providers posing serious competition for traditional companies within the automobile and transportation sector. In fact, at 62.5 billion U.S. dollars, Uber Technologies is valued above General Motors, which has been in the car making industry for over 100 years.
The full Digital Market Outlook report, containing further insights on market trends and forecasts on mobility services, is available for free download here.
- Respondents who consider ridesharing as mobility option in U.S. 2016Respondents who consider ridesharing as mobility option in U.S. 2016
- Uber travelers in Australia by age 2015Uber travelers in Australia by age 2015
- Cumulative number of UberX rides in Australia 2015Cumulative number of UberX rides in Australia 2015
- Knowledge of sharing services in Norway 2015Knowledge of sharing services in Norway 2015
- DMO: eServices mobility tickets & services revenue in the UK 2015-2021, by segmentDMO: eServices mobility tickets & services revenue in the UK 2015-2021, by segment
- DMO: eServices mobility tickets and services revenue change UK 2015-2021, by segmentDMO: eServices mobility tickets and services revenue change UK 2015-2021, by segment
- Italy: apps providing mobility information about public transport 2016Italy: apps providing mobility information about public transport 2016
- Italy: opinions on bike sharing services 2016Italy: opinions on bike sharing services 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl