Tesla Recalls 53,000 Cars Over Parking Brake Issue
Tesla has announced a global recall of 53,000 vehicles after the company discovered a “potential manufacturing issue with the electric parking brakes that could prevent the parking brake from releasing”. The recall affects Model S and Model X vehicles built between February and October 2016 or nearly 70 percent of last year’s deliveries.
Tesla notes that only a small fraction of the cars recalled may be affected by the issue, but that the brakes will be replaced in all vehicles because the problem is hard to diagnose. So far there have been no accidents related to the issue that, according to Tesla, is not a safety concern.
The recall comes at a bad time for Tesla, which is on the verge of beginning mass production of the new Model 3 later this year and plans to ramp up its still modest vehicle production rapidly over the next few years.
- Number of all FDA drug product recall enforcement reports issued 2012-2017Number of all FDA drug product recall enforcement reports issued 2012-2017
- Digital video ad recall in the U.S. 2016Digital video ad recall in the U.S. 2016
- Number of FDA issued drug recall enforcement reports 2012-2017 by typeNumber of FDA issued drug recall enforcement reports 2012-2017 by type
- YTD market share of selected car manufacturers in Europe 2017YTD market share of selected car manufacturers in Europe 2017
- Ranking of top car manufacturers worldwide - global sales 2016Ranking of top car manufacturers worldwide - global sales 2016
- Leading carmakers worldwide - global brand market share 2016Leading carmakers worldwide - global brand market share 2016
- Most valuable automotive brands worldwide by brand value 2016Most valuable automotive brands worldwide by brand value 2016
- U.S. vehicle sales of North American car brands - March 2017U.S. vehicle sales of North American car brands - March 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl