Macron Takes Control
As expected following the first round last Sunday, French President Emmanuel Macron and his party La République en Marche (also with thanks to ally MoDem), have swept to an imperious 350 seats in the French National Assembly - from a total of 577.
Only a few months ago, the political establishment was fretting over the damage Front National could do. As it turned out though, the status quo has been smashed by a very different kind of politics.
En Marche didn't even exist in the last parliamentary election, but has now essentially taken full control of French politics, leaving ex-President Hollande's Socialist Party with just 7.5 percent of the vote. Similarly, Front National received an underwhelming 8.8 percent.
- Total population of France 2020Total population of France 2020
- Gross domestic product (GDP) in France 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) in France 2020
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in France 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in France 2020
- Unemployment rate in France 2020Unemployment rate in France 2020
- National debt of France 2020National debt of France 2020
- Renewable energy - consumption of the top countries 2016Renewable energy - consumption of the top countries 2016
- Primary energy consumption - leading countries 2016Primary energy consumption - leading countries 2016
- Countries with the largest share of primary energy consumption 2016Countries with the largest share of primary energy consumption 2016
- Top 50 pharmaceutical companies - Rx sales and R&D spending 2016Top 50 pharmaceutical companies - Rx sales and R&D spending 2016
- Largest airlines worldwide - ranked by revenue 2016Largest airlines worldwide - ranked by revenue 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl