We divide Classifieds into Desktop and Mobile as well as into Jobs, Motor, Real Estate, and General:
- Jobs covers ads by businesses offering permanent employment (e.g. Indeed, Monster)
- Motor covers ads by businesses or consumers offering vehicles for buying (e.g. Cars.com)
- Real Estate covers ads by businesses or consumers offering real estates for renting or buying (e.g. Roofstock)
- General covers all forms of ads that are not included in the other categories such as consumers (private persons) looking for other private persons doing small, non-permanent jobs (like contractor services) for them (e.g. TaskRabbit)
All figures refer to gross values.
- Fees paid by advertisers in order to display an online ad or listing around a specific vertical
- Other advertisements (e.g. banners) on classifieds websites
Digital Advertising Report 2019 - Classifieds
Statista Digital Market Outlook - Segment ReportDownload
Ad Spending Spending Development
in the Classifieds market in million US$ in percent
- Ad Spending
- Spending Development
Split - Desktop/Mobile
in the Classifieds market in percent
While the high growth rates of eCommerce create new possibilities for Classifieds in China and Asia altogether, the European market is already saturated and is expected to reach its peak in 2022 and shrink slightly afterwards. New B2C-oriented business models with a focus on mobile devices could be a leverage point. Under these circumstances, new market players like the German company Truffls could become game changers in the field of mobile Classifieds and lead to further innovative forms of advertising.
Average Ad Spending per Internet User
in the Classifieds market in US$
in the Classifieds market in million US$
The Digital Advertising market builds on top-down modeling based on the location’s economic power as measured by its Gross Domestic Product (GDP). Furthermore, we rely on market data from independent databases and third-party sources, analysis of various key market and macroeconomic indicators, historical developments, current trends, and reported performance indicators from the key market players. The Classifieds segment is divided into the categories Jobs, Motor, Real Estate, and General. The Digital Advertising market only covers ad spendings placed by businesses (B2B).
Here you can find more studies and statistics about "Classifieds".