Ukraine's rocky economy
In just two years, between 2013 and 2015, GDP in Ukraine has been dramatically reduced to half its amount. This very severe decrease is mainly due to the civil war in the eastern part of the country, which is causing many of its inhabitants to be internally displaced, and life in general to become increasingly difficult for Ukrainians - not just because of the war, but because the country’s economy is in desperate trouble: The inflation rate has risen to almost 50 percent, the second highest rate around the world behind Venezuela, and unemployment is now at over 11 percent.
The industrial Donbass region located to the east of the country has also been devastated. Russia, Ukraine’s most important import and export partner until recently, most likely no longer plays this role, having caused a great shift in the country’s base economy. Ukraine’s national debt in relation to GDP is also unsustainable, having increased by over 50 percent in the last two years. Default or restructuring of its debt was inevitable, and eventually restructuring took place in August 2015. While the economy is expected to recover somewhat in 2016, its stability will depend on improving the stability of the country in order to create an environment in which the economy can operate and recover.
We are the global leading platform for business data from 600 industries and 50 countries.
|GDP in billion U.S. dollars|
$49 / Month *
Prices do not include sales tax.
in one Presentation
Everything On "Ukraine" in One Document: Edited and Divided into Handy Chapters. Including Detailed References.
I think of Statista as Google for researchers. Statista provides you with the information you search for right away.
Dr. Horst Stipp
EVP, Research & Innovation, Advertising Research Foundation
- Ukraine: Total population from 2014 to 2024 (in million inhabitants)Total population of the Ukraine 2024
- Ukraine: Fertility rate from 2007 to 2017Fertility rate in Ukraine 2017
- Number of live births in Ukraine from 1990 to 2017* (in 1,000s)Number of live births in Ukraine 1990-2017
- Ukraine: Life expectancy at birth from 2007 to 2017Life expectancy at birth in Ukraine 2017
- Ukraine: Age structure from 2007 to 2017 (in years)Age structure in Ukraine 2017
- Ukraine: Median age of the population from 1950 to 2050 (in years)Median age of the population in Ukraine 2015
- Ukraine: Death rate from 2007 to 2017 (in deaths per 1,000 inhabitants)Death rate in Ukraine 2017
- Ukraine: Infant mortality rate from 2007 to 2017 (in deaths per 1,000 live births)Infant mortality rate in Ukraine 2017
- Ukraine: Gross domestic product (GDP) from 1994 to 2024 (in billion U.S. dollars)Gross domestic product (GDP) of Ukraine 2024
- Ukraine: Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita from 1994 to 2024Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita of Ukraine 2024
- Ukraine: Unemployment rate from 1998 to 2018Unemployment rate of Ukraine 2018
- Ukraine: Youth unemployment rate from 1998 to 2018Youth unemployment rate in Ukraine in 2018
- Ukraine: Inflation rate from 1994 to 2024 (change compared to previous year)Inflation rate of Ukraine 1994 to 2024
- Ukraine: Value of imports from 2007 to 2017 (in billion U.S. dollars)Value of imports to the Ukraine 2007 to 2017
- Ukraine: Import of commodities in 2017 (in billion U.S. dollars)Import of commodities to Ukraine 2017
- Ukraine: Main import partners in 2017Main import partners of Ukraine 2017
- Ukraine: National debt from 2014 to 2024 (in billion U.S. dollars)National debt of Ukraine 2024
- Ukraine: national debt from 2010 to 2024 in relation to gross domestic product (GDP)National debt of Ukraine in relation to gross domestic product 2010-2024
- Ukraine: Ratio of military spending to gross domestic product (GDP) from 2007 to 2017Ratio of military expenditure to gross domestic product (GDP) in Ukraine 2017