Try our corporate solution for free!
(212) 419-8286
hadley.ward@statista.com

Etisalat Telecommunication Group Company - statistics & facts

Founded in 1976, Etisalat Telecommunication Group Company PJSC is one of the world’s leading telecommunications provider in emerging markets, with headquarters in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It was founded as a joint-stock company by International Aeradio Limited and its local partners. In 1983, the ownership structure changed as the UAE government held a 60 percent share of the company while the remaining 40 percent were publicly traded. Etisalat is currently operating in several countries across the Middle East, Asia, and Africa, and has established itself as one of the most valuable telecom operators worldwide in 2020.

ICT sector in the UAE

The UAE is a regional leader in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) industry. In efforts to reduce dependence on the oil sector, the UAE plans on developing competitive knowledge economies and establishing efficient and globally-integrated business environments in which investment in the ICT sector plays an integral element. ICT spending in the UAE was expected to reach 16.7 billion U.S. dollars in 2019. Furthermore, the forecasted ICT services sales demand in the UAE reached 3.53 billion U.S. dollars in 2020.

Etisalat key figures

Etisalat’s brand value has significantly grown over the years. In 2020, Etisalat’s brand value reached around 8.47 billion U.S. dollars. Other key market players in the region include Saudi Telecom Company, whose brand value reached around 8.02 billion U.S. dollars in 2020. Ooredoo, a telecom operator headquartered in Qatar, had a brand value of 3.55 billion U.S. dollars in 2020. In 2019, Etisalat had ownership shares in 16 operators across several countries. The company’s total revenue in its biggest market, the UAE, reached around 32.02 billion United Arab Emirates dirhams in 2019. In the same year, the consolidated revenue generated from mobile sales segment was the highest among other segments, at 26.64 billion United Arab Emirates dirhams in 2019.

Interesting statistics

In the following 4 chapters, you will quickly find the {amountStatistics} most important statistics relating to "Etisalat Telecommunication Group Company ".

Etisalat

Dossier on the topic

All important statistics are prepared by our experts – available for direct download as PPT & PDF!
TOP SELLER

Important key figures

The most important key figures provide you with a compact summary of the topic of "Etisalat Telecommunication Group Company " and take you straight to the corresponding statistics.

UAE market overview

Etisalat UAE figures

Contact

Get in touch with us. We are happy to help.
Statista Locations
ContactHadley Ward
Hadley Ward
Sales Manager– Contact (United States)

Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm (EST)

ContactZiyan Zhang
Ziyan Zhang
Customer Relations– Contact (Asia)

Mon - Fri, 11:30am - 10pm (IST)

ContactKisara Mizuno
Kisara Mizuno
Customer Success Manager– Contact (Asia)

Mon - Fri, 9:30am - 5:30pm (JST)

ContactLodovica Biagi
Lodovica Biagi
Director of Operations– Contact (Europe)

Mon - Fri, 9:30am - 5pm (GMT)

ContactCatalina Rodriguez
Catalina Rodriguez
Key Account Manager - LAC– Contact (Latin America)

Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm (EST)