Forced Labor Generates Annual Profits of $150 Billion
According to the International Labour Organization, global forced labor generates an illegal profit of $150 billion every year. Two thirds of that comes from sexual exploitation and an estimated $51 billion stems from economic exploitation. Globally, the Asia-Pacific region profits the most from forced labor with annual illegal earnings of $51.8 billion.
- Human trafficking for sexual exploitation in Belgium 2006-2015Human trafficking for sexual exploitation in Belgium 2006-2015
- Annual profit per victim of forced sexual exploitation in 2012, by regionAnnual profit per victim of forced sexual exploitation in 2012, by region
- Average annual profits from forced sexual exploitation in 2012, by regionAverage annual profits from forced sexual exploitation in 2012, by region
- Full-time employees - unadjusted monthly number in the U.S. February 2017Full-time employees - unadjusted monthly number in the U.S. February 2017
- Unemployment rate in EU countries January 2017Unemployment rate in EU countries January 2017
- Unemployment rate of the United Kingdom 2000-2016Unemployment rate of the United Kingdom 2000-2016
- USA - employment rate 1990-2016USA - employment rate 1990-2016
- Unemployment rate in the U.S. 1990-2016Unemployment rate in the U.S. 1990-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl