Which Countries Invest The Most In Education?
According to a report from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), expenditure on education varies significantly between countries. The percentage of public expenditure set aside for the education system has been increasing in recent years and the OECD average now stands at 12.9 percent of total public expenditure.
New Zealand is at the very top of the scale - 21.6 percent of the country's total public expenditure is devoted to education. Mexico isn't far behind with 20.5 percent. The story is similar in Brazil where a significant proportion of public finances, 19.2 percent, gets spent on the education system. Elsewhere, that figure is 13.6 percent for the United States and 12.2 percent for the United Kingdom. Italy trails a long distance behind with 8.6 percent.
- Finland: public expenditure on education 1990-2015Finland: public expenditure on education 1990-2015
- Finland: GDP share of public expenditure on education salaries 1990-2015Finland: GDP share of public expenditure on education salaries 1990-2015
- Public expenditure on education in China 2011-2015Public expenditure on education in China 2011-2015
- Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. February 2017Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. February 2017
- Total enrollment of leading U.S. medical schools in research 2017Total enrollment of leading U.S. medical schools in research 2017
- China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector and area January 2017China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector and area January 2017
- Activities of internet users in China 2016Activities of internet users in China 2016
- Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers 1992-2016Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers 1992-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl