The Countries Facing The Greatest Skill Shortages
As rapid globalization and technological change have shaped the world's job market, skill shortages have become a growing problem for employers. The scale of the problem varies hugely between countries and it is most pronounced in Asia. According to an OECD report which used data from the Manpower Talent Shortage Survey, 81 percent of firms in Japan (with 10 or more employees) encounter difficulty finding qualified employees.
- Individuals with and without Basic Digital Skills in the UK 2015, by home nationIndividuals with and without Basic Digital Skills in the UK 2015, by home nation
- Incidence of skills gaps amongst tech specialists in the UK 2014, by typeIncidence of skills gaps amongst tech specialists in the UK 2014, by type
- Lack of digital skills among SMEs in the UK 2014-2015, by regionLack of digital skills among SMEs in the UK 2014-2015, by region
- Unemployment rate in EU countries February 2017Unemployment rate in EU countries February 2017
- Illiteracy rate in China in 2015, by regionIlliteracy rate in China in 2015, by region
- Unemployment rate in selected world regions 2014Unemployment rate in selected world regions 2014
- Italy: what companies need the most 2017Italy: what companies need the most 2017
- Global outsourcing industry revenue 2010-2016, by service typeGlobal outsourcing industry revenue 2010-2016, by service type
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl