IBM Tops U.S. Patent Ranking for 21st Consecutive Year
According to IFI Claims, IBM was assigned a record 6,809 patents in the United States last year, marking the 21st straight year that IBM has topped the inofficial U.S. patent ranking. Google and Apple, often considered the most innovative companies in the world, were ranked 11th and 13th, respectively, both breaking into the Top 20 for the first time.
- Shin-Etsu: number of patents by region 2016Shin-Etsu: number of patents by region 2016
- Number of patents in the automobile industry in China 2006-2011Number of patents in the automobile industry in China 2006-2011
- Number of patents in force in the U.S. 2004-2015Number of patents in force in the U.S. 2004-2015
- Sales of the leading shampoo brands in the U.S. 2016Sales of the leading shampoo brands in the U.S. 2016
- Sanofi's expenditure on research and development 2008-2016Sanofi's expenditure on research and development 2008-2016
- Total retail sales in the U.S. 1992-2015Total retail sales in the U.S. 1992-2015
- Enterprise value of top contract pharma research organizations in the U.S. 2017Enterprise value of top contract pharma research organizations in the U.S. 2017
- L'Oreal S.A. - worldwide revenue by division from 2012-2016L'Oreal S.A. - worldwide revenue by division from 2012-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl