No Country Incarcerates More Women Than The U.S.
The United States has more female prisoners than China, Russia and India combined. According to the International Centre for Prison Studies, the U.S. has 201,200 female prisoners, 8.8 percent of its total prison population. China comes a very distant second with 84,600 female prisoners while Russia is in third place with 59,000. 625,000 women and girls are being held in penal institutions worldwide and the female prison population is rising on all five continents.
- Female deaths among prisoners in England and Wales 2000-2015Female deaths among prisoners in England and Wales 2000-2015
- Female prison population in England and Wales 2000-2014Female prison population in England and Wales 2000-2014
- U.S. female labor force participation rate 1990-2015U.S. female labor force participation rate 1990-2015
- Homeownership rate in selected European countries 2015Homeownership rate in selected European countries 2015
- Healthcare importance in U.S. 2016, by genderHealthcare importance in U.S. 2016, by gender
- Number of stores U.S. consumers plan to visit on Black Friday 2016, by genderNumber of stores U.S. consumers plan to visit on Black Friday 2016, by gender
- Average number of children per female in the Netherlands 1950-2015Average number of children per female in the Netherlands 1950-2015
- Interest in Zika virus news in the U.S. by genderInterest in Zika virus news in the U.S. by gender
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl