No Country Incarcerates More Women Than The U.S.
The United States has more female prisoners than China, Russia and India combined. According to the International Centre for Prison Studies, the U.S. has 201,200 female prisoners, 8.8 percent of its total prison population. China comes a very distant second with 84,600 female prisoners while Russia is in third place with 59,000. 625,000 women and girls are being held in penal institutions worldwide and the female prison population is rising on all five continents.
- Female prison population in England and Wales 2000-2014Female prison population in England and Wales 2000-2014
- Social networks: usage by female U.S. internet users 2015Social networks: usage by female U.S. internet users 2015
- U.S. female labor force participation rate 1990-2015U.S. female labor force participation rate 1990-2015
- Interest in Zika virus news in the U.S. by genderInterest in Zika virus news in the U.S. by gender
- Concern about the Zika virus in the U.S. by genderConcern about the Zika virus in the U.S. by gender
- Opinion on U.S. Zika virus outbreak prevention efforts by gender 2016Opinion on U.S. Zika virus outbreak prevention efforts by gender 2016
- Opinion on U.S. government spending on Zika virus research by gender 2016Opinion on U.S. government spending on Zika virus research by gender 2016
- Number of new cancer cases and deaths in the U.S. by gender 2016Number of new cancer cases and deaths in the U.S. by gender 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl