No Country Incarcerates More Women Than The U.S.
The United States has more female prisoners than China, Russia and India combined. According to the International Centre for Prison Studies, the U.S. has 201,200 female prisoners, 8.8 percent of its total prison population. China comes a very distant second with 84,600 female prisoners while Russia is in third place with 59,000. 625,000 women and girls are being held in penal institutions worldwide and the female prison population is rising on all five continents.
- Female prison population in England and Wales 2000-2014Female prison population in England and Wales 2000-2014
- Social networks: usage by female U.S. internet users 2015Social networks: usage by female U.S. internet users 2015
- U.S. female labor force participation rate 1990-2015U.S. female labor force participation rate 1990-2015
- Distribution of EU Referendum votes 2016, by age group and genderDistribution of EU Referendum votes 2016, by age group and gender
- Cancer cases rate per 100,000 population in England 2014 by age and genderCancer cases rate per 100,000 population in England 2014 by age and gender
- Deaths by breast cancer in the U.S. 1950-2014Deaths by breast cancer in the U.S. 1950-2014
- Deaths by firearm-related injuries in the U.S. 1970-2014 by genderDeaths by firearm-related injuries in the U.S. 1970-2014 by gender
- Death rate for suicide in the U.S. 1950-2014 by genderDeath rate for suicide in the U.S. 1950-2014 by gender
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens