No Country Incarcerates More Women Than The U.S.
The United States has more female prisoners than China, Russia and India combined. According to the International Centre for Prison Studies, the U.S. has 201,200 female prisoners, 8.8 percent of its total prison population. China comes a very distant second with 84,600 female prisoners while Russia is in third place with 59,000. 625,000 women and girls are being held in penal institutions worldwide and the female prison population is rising on all five continents.
- Female deaths among prisoners in England and Wales 2000-2015Female deaths among prisoners in England and Wales 2000-2015
- Number of female inmates in India - by category 2015Number of female inmates in India - by category 2015
- Female prison population in England and Wales 2000-2014Female prison population in England and Wales 2000-2014
- 19th presidential election exit polls in South Korea 2017, by gender19th presidential election exit polls in South Korea 2017, by gender
- Leading candidates for the presidential election in South Korea 2017, by genderLeading candidates for the presidential election in South Korea 2017, by gender
- Healthcare importance in U.S. 2017 by genderHealthcare importance in U.S. 2017 by gender
- Male grooming market size worldwide 2012-2023Male grooming market size worldwide 2012-2023
- Market share of the largest music publishers worldwide from 2007 to 2016Market share of the largest music publishers worldwide from 2007 to 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl