E-Books Set to Surpass Print in the U.S.
Over the next five years, the fate of the e-book is set to vary significantly by country. In Germany, for example, it will remain a niche player for the foreseeable future, according to a PricewaterhouseCoopers study published by the Economist. Today in the United States, the e-book industry is worth about $5.7 billion while print is worth approximately $10 billion. By 2018, print and e-books will be worth $7.9 and $8.7 billion respectively, an incredible shift compared to other developed nations like Germany where print is going to remain dominant. The e-book is also set to surpass print in the United Kingdom. In 2018, its e-book industry will be worth $1.5 billion compared to print which is expected to generate sales of $1.4 billion.
- Book market revenue in Germany 2011-2020Book market revenue in Germany 2011-2020
- Book market revenue in Norway from 2006-2015Book market revenue in Norway from 2006-2015
- Book market revenue in Germany 2005-2020, by segmentBook market revenue in Germany 2005-2020, by segment
- Digital Market Outlook: e-commerce revenue in France 2015-2021, by segmentDigital Market Outlook: e-commerce revenue in France 2015-2021, by segment
- Worldwide weekend box office revenue - May 2017Worldwide weekend box office revenue - May 2017
- Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. April 2017Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. April 2017
- Monthly inflation rate in China April 2017Monthly inflation rate in China April 2017
- Number of stores of the Home Depot and Lowe's worldwide 2011-2016Number of stores of the Home Depot and Lowe's worldwide 2011-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl